Google Ads

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just a heads up... we are working with Google Adsense and they are running an "experiment" which could last up to 3 months. In the past we have tried their "auto ads" feature and have found with it we have earned less money, and the placement of of these ads was not good. They claim they have made some big changes to the way auto ads work and they think it would be perfect for SatelliteGuys.

Over the next few days their system will be learning SatelliteGuys trying to decide the best place to place ads. You may see ads in strange places as it learns. I have been asked not to adjust anything until the bot learns our site which again could be a few days.

In their experiment 50% of the pages displayed will feature their auto ads, while 50% will use our normal placement.

As you can expect ad revenue keeps going down, and I have been told that Google works better when you work with them. So we will give it a try. The purpose of this is NOT to add more ads. But to find new areas on the site where ads may work better then where they do now.

With that said, if you don't want to see ads, please consider supporting the site by becoming a SatelliteGuys Pub Member for more details on how you can help us keep the lights on please see the following link https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/account/upgrades

Now speaking of Ads and Pub Members... some Pub Members have mentioned they don't mind ads and have asked if they could see some to help support the site. Well the answer to this will soon be yes. A few months ago our Ad Program we use introduced a feature to allow certain user groups to opt in / opt out to seeing ads. I have not implemented it yet, but if and when I do it will not be an ad load like non pub members see, maybe only one or two ads per page. Again if and when I do this it will be totally OPT IN / OPT OUT. I am not forcing ads on our supporters.

Please remember all money made by ads goes to support the site and keep the lights on for everyone. I am not using the money to go buy a tesla. Lol.

We have some interesting things coming down the line in a few months into this summer and SatelliteGuys will be leading the pack for these things I see coming down the line. :) Thanks to everyone who helps us keep the lights on for everyone.

The experiment from Google appears to be going well.

adsense.png

Even after logging in the ads on this site have become BEYOND obnoxious and intrusive, taking up an amazingly large portion of screen real estate and making it difficult to read the content.
Be aware that you can become a Pub member and the ads vanish, never to be seen again.

I don't mind adds, I know they support the forum. I casually scan a number of forums and can't be expected to pay to join every one of them. However, this is the only forum that blocks access to sections with a full screen popup ad that has to be cancelled to continue. I believe that is an unnecessary intrusion on enjoying this forum.

I don't mind adds, I know they support the forum. I casually scan a number of forums and can't be expected to pay to join every one of them. However, this is the only forum that blocks access to sections with a full screen popup ad that has to be cancelled to continue. I believe that is an unnecessary intrusion on enjoying this forum.
Other forums, blog and news sites have the blocking ads as well. They aren't as bad as non-closable videos but it would be nice if they all exited the same way. Moving the close gadget to a different corner just makes me look around the content rather than at it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)