Google Chromecast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Any feedback on these? Have one unit still sealed for over 9 months now.
Undecided if its worth installing or not.

Cheers, K

For me the biggest drawback is having to use a phone or tablet to control the thing. Others see that as a plus. I prefer a remote.

Otherwise, it works well enough, but for a few more dollars, the new roku stick is a better device. I would say I even prefer the fire tv stick.

I use one with WatchESPN, Plex and sometimes my Slingbox. Ocassionally WatchABC or Netflix. It tends to drop WatchESPN and I have to close the app and restart it. Works fine with Plex and Slingbox though. I'm torn as I prefer a real remote, but I can actually navigate watchespn faster and easier with my phone or tablet than using the remote/roku

IMO, depends on which gen you have. Do you have a first gen (looks like a large USB thumb drive) or second gen (round device with pigtail)? I found the first gen almost useless...always dropping off my wireless network and/or losing communication with my phone/pc, and when it worked, streaming video was often choppy. Picked up a second gen model and its been night and day difference! Fast, rock solid connection and smooth video. If its a second gen, I'd hook it up and play with it!

Reactions: andy_horton
Have first gen, works good.
The only cons is that google change the app functionality time to time and that even local file streaming require Internet in order to works?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)