Google is down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a tracert on a command prompt. This will tell you where it's dropping off at.

Also try clearing cache and cookies too.

Hmmm...you must be right....the problem is evident on all my PC's with both IE7 & Firefox. Is there anyway I can get good evidence to give to my ISP in order to prove it's on their end?

Tell them you ask people that use other ISPs if it was working. Chances are this isn't an isolated issue and others have called in already. Though they probably won't admit there is a problem.

Adsence goes down sometimes, but that's working today also.

...Also try clearing cache and cookies too.

I considered that, but didn't see the relationship since it's happening on multiple machines.

I just got through with a chat with Embarq tech support and they acknowledge the issue stating it's happening with a handful of sites including google.

...Do a tracert on a command prompt. This will tell you where it's dropping off at...

For future reference, how do I do this?

I considered that, but didn't see the relationship since it's happening on multiple machines.

I just got through with a chat with Embarq tech support and they acknowledge the issue stating it's happening with a handful of sites including google.

For future reference, how do I do this?

It's a piece of cake.
Open up command prompt. Then type tracert (space) Google press enter. It will say tracing route to www.1.google.com (that's what it said on my computer).
You will start to see all the hops. Will show the the hops numbered at the left 1 will be your router; then the DNS, then to another router and on. The final hop will be Google (provided it gets that far). below that it will will say trace complete.

My trace took 14 hops, your could be more, or less.

Hope this helps

My homepage is still the one established by Firefox. It's a Google page, but it has a Firefox link on it as well. I found that it had quit on me and I couldn't get it to come up. The bottom of the browser was trying to go to some "en.us.google. whatever mumbo jumbo. Well, I stopped the page and just typed www dot google.com and it came up. So I think its the FireFox Google start page not coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts