Google Maps provides Multi-touch "Pinch to Zoom" on the Motorola Droid

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Android Central is reporting that the Moto Droid now has "pinch-to-zoom" or "multi-touch" for the Google Maps app.

See Motorola Droid gets pinch-to-zoom in Google Maps application (update) | Android Central

I downloaded the new update to Google maps, and sure enough pinch-to-zoom works like a charm. Very nice. This confirms what we already knew - that the hardware was capable of multi-touch, it is entirely an issue of software supporting it.

Now, I'd like to see it in the Droid browser, although the double tap to zoom works pretty well too, but there is no reason this could not be an option. APparently the Nexus One got it in the Browser earlier this week, so maybe its on the way!

You can download dolphin browser and get pinch zoom. Heck these Droids are awesome. They are being overclocked and all the 2.1 features already added. There are some really cool Rom's out there!

You can download dolphin browser and get pinch zoom. Heck these Droids are awesome. They are being overclocked and all the 2.1 features already added. There are some really cool Rom's out there!

I should try that browser. I know about the roms and the over-clocking, and have looked at "rooting" the droid, but I am probably just going to wait for the 2.1 update, which hopefully will be "soon."

I should try that browser. I know about the roms and the over-clocking, and have looked at "rooting" the droid, but I am probably just going to wait for the 2.1 update, which hopefully will be "soon."
Yea i hear you about the update. First quarter of 2010 so you will get it. Sucks you have to wait so long. It's killing me to wait for March 10th. I just get such good deals with T- mobile hard for me to switch!

I downloaded Dolphin and was not impressed with the browser. I can wait for multi-touch when and if it comes.

The stock browser works great and is extremely responsive.

Patience with me and technology never goes very well. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)