Google Voice rumoured to be killed off, Hangouts to get VoIP calling features

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You existing GV phone number(s) will get moved over to Hangouts. If you are just using GV as a call-screening/forwarding service, you will see no change.

I, like may others, am using GV numbers with Obi devices and an Asterisk server. That will cease to function in May. My last phone number is being ported to another provider tomorrow.

I use Google Voice with Talkatone (an app on my cell phone). So I take it that I will no longer be able to receive or make phone calls with my google voice number using the app? What about texts? Will I be able to forward the number to a different one to answer my calls? Will I still be able to receive voicemails? I was afraid something like this was going to happen.

I use Google Voice with Talkatone (an app on my cell phone). So I take it that I will no longer be able to receive or make phone calls with my google voice number using the app? What about texts? Will I be able to forward the number to a different one to answer my calls? Will I still be able to receive voicemails? I was afraid something like this was going to happen.

That is correct. All third party apps will cease to work. I think they are dropping XMPP support which all these third party apps (Just like my Asterisk server) uses.

I do believe the Sprint thing will continue to work since its just doing the intended phone number forwarding, etc. And its an established partnership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)