Googleapis

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwc5893

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
The desert of WA, zip code EIEIO
Why is it that I suddenly have to allow scripts from googleapis.com in order to use any of the site nav links, post a reply, or start a thread?

If I forbid that script, when I click on something like "Mark Forums Read" it reloads the page without doing anything. If I try to post a response or start a thread, when I click submit, it reloads the page and takes me back to the message entry form with nothing that I typed being there. I also get an error message that says my response was too short because it needs to be at least one character long.

This is something that has just started in the past week or so.

I have not seen that. Given the name it looks like google? Perhaps you have the google tool bar up?

Nope, I don't run any toolbars like google or yahoo. I'm running Linux with mozilla firefox with noscript and adblock plus active. This started about the same time that other people were having issues with not being able to unsubscribe from any thread.

The Google stuff is safe, its something new in the software we are running. It uses Google to host some of the ajax controls which helps bring down the server load.

So far it is working well. :) Anything that can bring down server load is good especially when it does not send any data out to Google. :D

The Google stuff is safe, its something new in the software we are running. It uses Google to host some of the ajax controls which helps bring down the server load.

So far it is working well. :) Anything that can bring down server load is good especially when it does not send any data out to Google. :D

Okay, that's fair enough. I just don't like sending data to google if I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.