Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Gospel Music Channel said it scored a carriage deal with DirecTV -- one of the start-up channel’s largest carriage deals yet.

Instead of packaging Gospel in its cable programming package, DirecTV is selling the channel its subscription local-to-local broadcast packages, which are currently available in about 141 cities covering 94% of U.S. households.

DirecTV charges $44.99 monthly for its Total Choice package with local channels; Total Choice Plus locals costs $49.99; and Total Choice Premier with local broadcast channels, including Gospel, goes for $99.99 monthly.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6358240.html

johnml said:
We need more Hi-Def channels !!! Waste of bandwidth... :river

I would love to agree, but... since only about 9% of Americans own a High Def TV why would D* waste money on suppling it? It's basic supply and demand... and there is NO demand for it... yet anyway...

stickboy75 said:
I would love to agree, but... since only about 9% of Americans own a High Def TV why would D* waste money on suppling it? It's basic supply and demand... and there is NO demand for it... yet anyway...

Only 9% of Americans may own HDTV's, but remember that 9% probably controls 90% of the discretionary spending (that's how they could afford an HDTV in the first place) . That 9% are the ones who buy D* premium channels, PPV, etc. And if they aren't high rolllers, then they are high tech, cutting edge technophiles, again the type who will buy D* premium services.

johnml said:

We already know we're not getting anymore National HD channels till sometime in 07.

They must continue to draw in more customers. If they want to add more channels without my bill going up, by all means.

johnml said:

Just because YOU don't want this channel doesn't mean it's a waste of bandwidth for someone else who's waiting for this channel to come. HD channel location and SD channel location are different so adding this channel is irrelevant to the other satellite (99 or 103) that HD channels would come through.

I rarely listen to music on my TV. Ive had it available for years. That's what a stereo and satellite radios are for.:river

I watch VH1 classic several hours a day...don't listen to the xm much on D* much, that may change when I drop xm in the fall.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Just because YOU don't want this channel doesn't mean it's a waste of bandwidth for someone else who's waiting for this channel to come. HD channel location and SD channel location are different so adding this channel is irrelevant to the other satellite (99 or 103) that HD channels would come through.

Am I the only one ? I think not. Personally I think most of the music channels are a waste, although I do love my Sirius satellite radio and mostly listen to it instead of the Directv supplied XM.:devil:

johnml said:
I rarely listen to music on my TV. Ive had it available for years. That's what a stereo and satellite radios are for.:river

I don't sit in front of my TV to listen to it, run a line from your SAT box to the receiver , turn the TV off and your essentially listening to your stereo.

The more service you want to give me, please D* go ahead.

I've only been with them for 4 months and I've heard PQ has gone down from long time customers. Hopefully that gets resolved in 07

leww37334 said:
Only 9% of Americans may own HDTV's, but remember that 9% probably controls 90% of the discretionary spending (that's how they could afford an HDTV in the first place) . That 9% are the ones who buy D* premium channels, PPV, etc. And if they aren't high rolllers, then they are high tech, cutting edge technophiles, again the type who will buy D* premium services.

9% of premium channels is nothing compared to 91% of total choice subscribers, don't you think??? only making a suggestion of why there is so little HD content... it's very expensive to upgrade all the equipment, and not talking about D* equipment either...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)