Got an NVIDIA Shield

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

solarvic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Hadley, pa.
I wanted to learn how android works so bought a nividio shield. Connected it yesterday so have a lot to learn. It is the previous version So I ordered the new improved remote they now have for present version. I already found a couple channels I couldn,t find on roku and amazon. Was wondering if any other people on the forum has experience with nvidio. I Probley might buy a new Sony tv with ATSC 3.0 later in the year and since it has the android platform I need to learn how to operate it. one thing there are lots of you tube videos I can get my training from. Kind om computer illiterate so it will take me longer to learn. Still didn,t get a cell phonr!!!!

The name of the company is NVIDIA. They've been around for quite a while (26 years) building display cards for personal computers and workstations.

Android devices aren't much like computers (keyboards and mice are an optional afterthought). The Shield TV comes with Android TV 9 that should not be confused with Android 9 (Pie) -- the underpinnings of Android TV 9.

There's only going to be one Sony TV model with a NEXTGEN TV tuner this year and it is the X900H (MSRP $999.99 for the 55" size, $1,399.99 for the 65" size).

Best buy has them in the 75 inch size also for 2199.00 My old tv is still perking away and I probly might be better off to resist getting the new sony . Antennaman is suposed to go to pittsburg pa for the ATSC 3.0 launch.. Cleveland akron ohio and pittsburg is in my market. So I better get my big channelmaster antenna fixed.

Unless you absolutely must be on the bleeding edge (no judgement), I'd suggest waiting until you're truly unhappy with your current TV. I believe it will be years before NEXTGEN TV delivers some of its more drool-worthy features.

Well! When you are already 75, you don,t have years to wait. I fgure I might as well enjoy while I still can! Satelites, tv, snowmobiles and fast cars are my interest. My health will not let snowmobile and the fastest car I have is a dodge charger with a v/6 that I cannot hardly afford the insurance, so tv and satelites is what is left for me to enjoy. I do not have a termigrant to control my life so I do what I want basically.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)