Got email asking to confirm need for Distant Network Services (DNS)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like they are tightening up the requirements for DNS service.

Congress is debating the law which allows Directv to keep grandfathering DNS to people who have it, and offering it to people in the 12 markets where they don't offer locals, and there has been some discussion that they may require Directv to cover ALL markets or lose their right to offer DNS.

Directv is probably wanting to collect information on how many people actually NEED DNS so they will know how much they will be affected the law changes and they are forced to either spend millions to cover those 12 markets (if that is possible at all) versus how many customers may leave if they were no longer allows to offer DNS.

Reactions: nelson61
Is there an e-mail address or any contact information attached to that request? I have DNS but haven't gotten an e-mail. I don't want to call and open a can of worms, but I don't want them to have "missed" me and end up getting my DNS turned off either.

Is there an e-mail address or any contact information attached to that request? I have DNS but haven't gotten an e-mail. I don't want to call and open a can of worms, but I don't want them to have "missed" me and end up getting my DNS turned off either.

They probably only surveyed a sample of DNS customers, or only those in certain categories. If they didn't ask you, there's no point in responding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)