Got my 522's tonight

bsobel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
Picked up my 2 522's tonight (to replace a seldom used 721 in my office and the 508 in the MasterBedroom plus let me run to some new aux locations now ;))

Noticed a couple of things. The manual talks about the modulator being MONO not STEREO. However, the signal does appear to be a stereo signal.

The new UI is nice (IMHO) as Scott said.

The unit REQUIRES a phone line connection. It actually comes up with an overlay dialog that won't close until you plug a phone line in. Something to bear in mind for those of you without a phone line (I just spent 2 hours pulling one under the bedroom carpet to appease it).

I can't see a way to get a second remote to program as UHF. The primary remote address specifically says IR (and I can't seem to determinme if there is a key sequence to change it to RF).

Now, if I can just find a 921 ;)

Bill

The 322 is Mono Modulated while the 522 is Stereo modulated. I bet it probably is a misprint.

DHP Customer

I am a DHP customer how do I get one. Everytime I call dish they have no information.

Dave

Just wait some more. I belive (and am not positive) that they are holding back on 522's a little bit longer (even though some are in the field) for the next software release which should fix some things.

Picture quality of Tuner 2 when using existing house coax

I was curious if the picture quality of a TV connected to Tuner 2 through the existing house wiring is almost as good as the Tuner 1 connection to the local TV? Any comments would be apprreciated.

jrhood said:
I was curious if the picture quality of a TV connected to Tuner 2 through the existing house wiring is almost as good as the Tuner 1 connection to the local TV? Any comments would be apprreciated.
Depends on the quality of the cable infrastructure. If you have old cable that is falling apart, is split too many times, has bad crimps, or is too long, then the signal quality will suffer. If it's good quality cable then you probably won't won't be able to tell a difference between the "local" TV and the "remote" TV, assuming you are using the same style of hook up on each (coax). Now if you use the SVideo on the "local", then that will appear as a better picture.

If they amplify the signal to the tv out connection enough it should bring a good signal to the second tv. Couldn't an amplifier be used if it is going to be a long wire run? They do have it capable of up to 200 feet for UHF range. One could just have the audio/video sent wirelessly to that second tv as well, taking the audio/video receiver and remote to the rooms that they want to view the content on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)