Got my free HD OTA Antenna today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
Dish sent it to me overnight delivery which was nice. For people who are wondering what model they are shipping, it is an RCA 1450 BFW, and sells for $21 on Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B001GE6T9A
How does it work for an amped indoor antenna? As well as can be expected I suppose. I do get the Tribune channel that has been blacked out, WSFL in Miami, and about 8 other channels, most with 3 or 4 subchannels, with Bounce, Grit, JustTV, MeTV, Antenna TV, many others I had never heard of before. I put it on a TV in a spare bedroom that doesn't get any Dish service at all, just Roku and my Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Dish sent it to me overnight delivery which was nice. For people who are wondering what model they are shipping, it is an RCA 1450 BFW, and sells for $21 on Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B001GE6T9A
How does it work for an amped indoor antenna? As well as can be expected I suppose. I do get the Tribune channel that has been blacked out, WSFL in Miami, and about 8 other channels, most with 3 or 4 subchannels, with Bounce, Grit, JustTV, MeTV, Antenna TV, many others I had never heard of before. I put it on a TV in a spare bedroom that doesn't get any Dish service at all, just Roku and my Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Glad that worked for you and you're able to watch your shows. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

I know someone that received a low powered VHF Lo number eith one. They are not bad. Not as good as a decent outdoor antenna but not bad.

I would like to know what the tech is going to do too. We live 65 miles or so from the towers and I got the little flimsy winegard indoor antenna yesterday. only thing it will pick up from this distance is Fox, but the local NBC is the one that is blacked out. I tell ya, it wasn't much fun having to watch AGT last night online instead of live on our big screen!

I would like to know what the tech is going to do too. We live 65 miles or so from the towers and I got the little flimsy winegard indoor antenna yesterday. only thing it will pick up from this distance is Fox, but the local NBC is the one that is blacked out. I tell ya, it wasn't much fun having to watch AGT last night online instead of live on our big screen!

No smart tv or roku/Apple TV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My ota channels are about 60-70 miles away. I have to use outside fringe antenna with a pre-amp.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: navychop
I received mine a couple of days ago. It adds no value for me. My Hopper does not have an OTA adapter! Even if it worked with my TVs tuner, there is no way my wife would ever be able to figure out how to switch between tuner and video mode; nor should she.
I want to send mine back

I have to agree with Miner, without the OTA adapter it's very difficult to make good use of the antenna. I'm happy that Dish handed these out and I'm not complaining about something I received for free, it's just that it ended up having no value to me.

I received mine a couple of days ago. It adds no value for me. My Hopper does not have an OTA adapter! Even if it worked with my TVs tuner, there is no way my wife would ever be able to figure out how to switch between tuner and video mode; nor should she.
I want to send mine back

Start up a chat and say you don't have the adaptor and angle to get the dongle for free.

Talking about the ota dongle, I use three (Wallys) which are fairly new and I have a ota dongle on just one of them. There seems to be a problem using the dongle with the wally! The wally seems to want to reboot several times. When it is not hooked up it works just fine. My wife said, I need to take it off or call Dish. Wondering if there is and upgraded ota dongle I should be using with (Wally)?

Maybe DIRT on here can help or check for me?

I ended up buying a better
I have to agree with Miner, without the OTA adapter it's very difficult to make good use of the antenna. I'm happy that Dish handed these out and I'm not complaining about something I received for free, it's just that it ended up having no value to me.

If you use a Harmony remote (less than $35) to switch inputs, it is done with a simple press of a button. Of course you still need the adapter if you want to record the shows.

...there is no way my wife would ever be able to figure out how to switch between tuner and video mode; nor should she.
I want to send mine back

There is no switching between tuner and video mode. The OTA channels show up in the guide just like all the other channels. The STB automatically uses the correct tuner.

Start up a chat and say you don't have the adaptor and angle to get the dongle for free.

That would be great, but I'm fairly sur
There is no switching between tuner and video mode. The OTA channels show up in the guide just like all the other channels. The STB automatically uses the correct tuner.
Therein lies the problem. I don't have the dongle tuner so my only choice would be my TVs built in tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)