Got my Hopper 3 yesterday - my experience so far

Hmmm... Remotes are generally personal preference but I'm pretty sure the Dish remotes have been considered some of the best in the industry. The 40.0 remote design has been a similar design for quite a few years and many people prefer it.

I know the average customer prefers fewer buttons to avoid confusion but the majority of the members here seem to prefer the current amount.

I wouldn't just expect Dish to replace remotes for free but it wouldn't hurt to give Dish a call and tell them how you feel. They may send some your way.
Yes, remotes are very definitely a matter of personal preference to a large extent. The best ones give enough options to satisfy the majority of users.

Reactions: charlesrshell
vivek i need help on something i need to transfer my recordings from my hard drive to the hopper 3 i see my hard drive on my hopper 3 and thats where i am stuck at.

i saw a few responses on this - is this solved?

i saw a few responses on this - is this solved?
hi vivek i am good buddy i got the recordings on a hard drive now and i am wondering if i should transfer them to my hopper 3 i am still having problems doing that.

If the search finds a result in the guide it will create a DVR (or auto tune) timer. If does not find a match in the guide, your choice is to "Record When Available". This creates a Seek timer.

It is not possible to create a timer for which search does not turn up any hits (or a hit for the desired program). For example, I wanted to create a timer for Outlander for when it starts up in April. I have some episodes recorded and these showed up in the search results along with an unrelated movie, so what I wanted to do is not possible.

Manually creating a seek timer is no longer available. Create Timer can only create DVR or auto tune timers. If they allowed a "any channel" selection instead of "None" then you could create a timer for a show that doesn't appear in the guide or search results.

I'm having the same issues. Any ideas or suggestions???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts