Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Did you get yours.

This is just Dish Networks way of saying HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D

Attachments

• ratesup.jpg
    ratesup.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 720
Here's what I DON'T understand about this price increase - maybe someone can "enlighten" me...
E* says they are raising AT180 $3, while claiming they are NOT increasing prices on premiums.
BUT, since AEP is going up by $4, which is the same as AT180+all the premiums, in essence, you ARE paying $1 for just the premiums, by virtue of having AEP.

If I had only 3 premiums + AT180, my price would only go up $3, so I don't understand E* logic of sticking it to some of their BEST customers for an extra $1, who are taking ALL premiums. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Did you get yours.

This is just Dish Networks way of saying HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D

Geez Scott... I woulda thought they should be paying you, instead of you paying them for everything you do.

Keep up the good work!

Steve

dishrich said:
Here's what I DON'T understand about this price increase - maybe someone can "enlighten" me...
E* says they are raising AT180 $3, while claiming they are NOT increasing prices on premiums.
BUT, since AEP is going up by $4, which is the same as AT180+all the premiums, in essence, you ARE paying $1 for just the premiums, by virtue of having AEP.

If I had only 3 premiums + AT180, my price would only go up $3, so I don't understand E* logic of sticking it to some of their BEST customers for an extra $1, who are taking ALL premiums. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I noticed this too. Last year they did the same thing and when it was brought up. Charlie said you get "free" VOD so why are you complaining. :mad:

I am with Dish through SBC. I haven't received anything official in writing or via email or on my bill about a price increase.

What I don't get is that I bet there are tons of people who pay their bill on E* site. So they would have to mail that PPV coupon in by itself. That is probably why they send them out know a lot of people won't mess with it.

I never mail in payment. So I won't use the PPV coupon.

A good question has been raised though, if premiums are not going up then why is the Everything Package $1 more the the top 180 package?

Scott,

You don't have to mail in a payment to use the coupon. Just send the coupon back like you are paying a bill and Dish will credit your account.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I never mail in payment. So I won't use the PPV coupon.

A good question has been raised though, if premiums are not going up then why is the Everything Package $1 more the the top 180 package?
If you and all the other AEP customers pay $1 more Charlie will cover the lost $4.98 in VOD fees so he can continue to offer it as a feature of AEP subscription. :) :) :)

yeah they should definetly have a promo code to enter the PPV code online. It's stupid to have to be charged for the PPV, mail in the coupon, then get credited later...

Thats a great idea BFG. They should also do this for those that get Dish Network certificates, but then if this is done people will try to cheat the system. Perhaps asking the location id on the receiver at the specific time you enter the code in could resolve that issue if they could make the system smart enough.

I think it would be cheaper for Dish Network to offer everyone a free PPV in the clear like they did about three years ago with the free Miss Congeniality PPV movie than to pay the shipping for all those PPV coupons to the customers and to also send the letter about the programming increase with the Dish Network bills a few months in advance or indicate that on the bill and on the PPV channel that is airing the free PPV movie.

No letter, no coupon book here. :mad:

Just a bill for $225.00 :shocked

($110 for HDPAK annually) and 98 for 'Almost Everything Pak' monthly. Then tax, title, and delivery charges.

Is the letter/coupon a seperate mailing from the normal bill?? :confused: