Got my letter today...

When did your Annual renew happen, Isn't it if you renew before february 1st, you get to keep the old price when yyou pay for the whole year?

BFG said:
yeah they should definetly have a promo code to enter the PPV code online. It's stupid to have to be charged for the PPV, mail in the coupon, then get credited later...
When they make it a paper thing (coupon) you have to mail in far fewer will redeem it... same kind of idea as behind rebates - make it a real hassle to do and few will collect on them.

I had a few PPV coupons that just went unused because it was a hassle to send them to someone (I paid my bill electronically).

BFG said:
When did your Annual renew happen, Isn't it if you renew before february 1st, you get to keep the old price when yyou pay for the whole year?

My annual renewal is jan 27. I thought about going MONTHLY if I decide to abandon ship mid year. I may just hang on. We will see. I have 2 weeks to decide.

video62 said:
When they make it a paper thing (coupon) you have to mail in far fewer will redeem it... same kind of idea as behind rebates - make it a real hassle to do and few will collect on them.

I had a few PPV coupons that just went unused because it was a hassle to send them to someone (I paid my bill electronically).

Same here. I haven't used a free PPV coupon since I went to autopay. First of all, I have Netflix, so I don't ever use the PPV channels. Second, even if I did, I lose 10% of the "value" of it by mailing it in.

If Charlie really cared he would make it easier to use the coupon on line. But, like you said, the whole purpose is to make it too much of a hassle for a large percentage of users to redeem.

I haven't received a letter about the price increase yet (email or snail mail). Maybe that means they aren't going to raise my price. :cool:
Okay, back to relaity, but if they are rasing my rates then I want my PPV coupon NOW! :mad:

Interestingly enough the local Cable company "Charter Communications" has started a radio blitz noting that Dish is increasing their prices again. The commercial states that they have not responded to Dish's commercials about Charter's price increases but they need to point out that Dish has increased prices for 5 consectutive years.

This will be my 5th yr and I don't believe we have had an increase each of the last 5 have we? I'm thinking this is the 3rd.....by the way Charter is increasing prices from 14 to 110 percent in the metro St. Louis area.

Jack

Just got my letter today. Talk about feeling like a prison rape victim again. All CE is, just a pig of a different color. One lousey free movie coupon isn't going to make it feel any better going in either. As for the price increases, I've had Dish two years now. This is the second increase I've had. To think I get equipment that's buggy an pq that has declined since the purchase. If it wasn't for the 510 DVR I'd be jumping ship right now. I am looking for dvr options though that don't cost as much in the meantime. The new place I'm moving to in a month has free cable. I'll see how much better or worse pq is when I get there. If there isn't much difference I have a feeling I'm going to be saving $50 a month in Dish fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts