Got my new 942 today, dumped the 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
921 had so many problems I decided to get the 942. Hooked it up today and was playing around with the DishPass. Seems pretty nice. I have two 522's but those are in my kids rooms and I never touch them. The Wife seemed pretty please with the guide and smaller form factor of the 942 also. It is on a lease, just hope I don't get screwed when it comes to mpeg 4.

I thought the lease option was only avaiable to new more important customers. How did you get the lease option?

John Walsh:

Congrats on your new 942. It is vastly superior to the 921 and certainly better looking under your TV. We love our 942 -- it just works.

Mine is leased as well -- I'm not worried about MPEG4 upgrading -- at some point in the next 12 months it seems more than reasonable that Dish will offer HD-DVR leases an upgrade path -- maybe not free, but probably fair in cost.

I had to politely beg to get a 942 lease at the end of May and wait three weeks for installation, but it was soooooo worth it!!!

specsmaker said:
I thought the lease option was only avaiable to new more important customers. How did you get the lease option?

Didn't think that I got anything special - still had to pay a bunch of money for the unit, also have to pay monthly.

Smith, P.,

My dump area is under my bed right now, a 2000, 3000 ( don't know why I still am hanging on to those ) and a 921. Hardrive is dead on the 921. I think that I have heard that it is possible to swap the drives and ghost the image file to a new drive. Maybe I will look into that just for fun, don't think I will ever put it back into service though. I like the 942 much better.

David Dietzel

I don't mind paying a small fee to upgrade but I really hope they do offer us a reasonable deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)