Got my new 942 today, dumped the 921

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
921 had so many problems I decided to get the 942. Hooked it up today and was playing around with the DishPass. Seems pretty nice. I have two 522's but those are in my kids rooms and I never touch them. The Wife seemed pretty please with the guide and smaller form factor of the 942 also. It is on a lease, just hope I don't get screwed when it comes to mpeg 4.

I thought the lease option was only avaiable to new more important customers. How did you get the lease option?

John Walsh:

Congrats on your new 942. It is vastly superior to the 921 and certainly better looking under your TV. We love our 942 -- it just works.

Mine is leased as well -- I'm not worried about MPEG4 upgrading -- at some point in the next 12 months it seems more than reasonable that Dish will offer HD-DVR leases an upgrade path -- maybe not free, but probably fair in cost.

I had to politely beg to get a 942 lease at the end of May and wait three weeks for installation, but it was soooooo worth it!!!

specsmaker said:
I thought the lease option was only avaiable to new more important customers. How did you get the lease option?

Didn't think that I got anything special - still had to pay a bunch of money for the unit, also have to pay monthly.

Smith, P.,

My dump area is under my bed right now, a 2000, 3000 ( don't know why I still am hanging on to those ) and a 921. Hardrive is dead on the 921. I think that I have heard that it is possible to swap the drives and ghost the image file to a new drive. Maybe I will look into that just for fun, don't think I will ever put it back into service though. I like the 942 much better.

David Dietzel

I don't mind paying a small fee to upgrade but I really hope they do offer us a reasonable deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)