got rid of Platninum HD

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
since I have NHL network with NHL Center Ice I only watch HD net movies and that isn't worth $10 a month so I downgraded.

Why is Platninum HD such a lame add-on package? Dish just needs to quit this HD split B.S. package crap and just include everything in the Gold package.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Gold
Silver
Bronze

I guess Gold doesn't mean that you get everything in Dish lingo.

hilarious, under my dish online account I can add it for free 3 months ($10 month credits)

well that was fun.

It was totally worth twice what d* charges when e* had 15 channels of VoOm. And no, gold doesn't include everything, I can't even get all of the news channels as a Turbo customer.

i've got all the red channels in my guide and look at them occasionally, if they have anything i care to watch before the offer expires, i'll add it back for the three months free.

This is all a matter of taste, guys, but I actually like the channels in PlatinumHD. I like the TV series(es?) that I didn't catch the first time on Universal HD, I love the movies on HDNet, and I like a lot of stuff that pops up on MGM-HD, too. I think it's silly to pay $14 per month for two or three original scripted series per year on HBO or Showtime when I can get more than that many movies per month at RedBox for a buck each.

I'm glad you guys are saving money on stuff you don't watch, but I do appreciate the Dish programming brackets in this particular case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts