Got Taken

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It looks like the lags pulled out because it wasn't attached to a rafter or truss. The rubber sealant pads are between the bracket and the roof. What a mess!
I just saw this yesterday. No signal behind the hopper, go out to the dish, it's on the roof, looks like it's pointed too low and suddenly, it moved! I climbed up and only 4 lags, the back 2 were out of the roof and it was leaning forward rocking back and forth in the wind. Nothing like telling a customer that because the roofers put their dish back up 4 years ago, and didn't know what they were doing and when the last tech came out a year ago and raised the elevation to adjust for the dish leaning forward (Out of market guy from the Quad Cities), they now have a spot in their roof that has the consistency of a wet sponge.

It takes just as much time to do it right as it does to do it wrong

I just saw this yesterday. No signal behind the hopper, go out to the dish, it's on the roof, looks like it's pointed too low and suddenly, it moved! I climbed up and only 4 lags, the back 2 were out of the roof and it was leaning forward rocking back and forth in the wind. Nothing like telling a customer that because the roofers put their dish back up 4 years ago, and didn't know what they were doing and when the last tech came out a year ago and raised the elevation to adjust for the dish leaning forward (Out of market guy from the Quad Cities), they now have a spot in their roof that has the consistency of a wet sponge.

Usually less, in the long run.

I constantly tell our guys this. When they come across a crap job that needs rebuilt, just do it, and get it out of the system. Continually putting bandaids on jobs is so counter productive, to keep rolling trucks to fix the same issue. Some get it, some don't. The ones that don't, don't last long in this business.

I constantly tell our guys this. When they come across a crap job that needs rebuilt, just do it, and get it out of the system. Continually putting bandaids on jobs is so counter productive, to keep rolling trucks to fix the same issue. Some get it, some don't. The ones that don't, don't last long in this business.

But the problem is they get to bill for a service call each time they go out.

The problem is a truck roll to do a band aid pays the same as a re-install.

So what incentive is there for them to spend a few hours making it right when they can fix it and be gone in 10 minutes?

Can’t tell you how many crappy installs I ended up just fixing the right way because I didn’t want to be bothered with a call from the customer when they had another issue.

What a lot of techs need to learn is why an install failed, what was done to correct the problem, and to be able to predict any future issues and make the necessary corrections.

Too many techs will wiggle a wire, see the guide information start downloading and will be back in the truck and half way down the street before the picture comes back.

How hard is it to go check the alignment, and cable connections while your there already?

Reactions: ncted and HIFI

So what incentive is there for them to spend a few hours making it right when they can fix it and be gone in 10 minutes?

Can’t tell you how many crappy installs I ended up just fixing the right way because I didn’t want to be bothered with a call from the customer when they had another issue.

What a lot of techs need to learn is why an install failed, what was done to correct the problem, and to be able to predict any future issues and make the necessary corrections.

Too many techs will wiggle a wire, see the guide information start downloading and will be back in the truck and half way down the street before the picture comes back.

How hard is it to go check the alignment, and cable connections while your there already?
No. Tc60 means the tech won't get paid to return to that house for another service call for 60 days. That's why I don't get why these guys won't spend 30-45 minutes sweeping the system end to end. If we are unable to send the original tech back within those 60 days, then he gets back charged the cost of a service call to pay the guy that goes back. It can be a carousel of money being passed around.

Most of those service calls are not getting billed and no, most techs do NOT do that because most techs depend on passing x number of metrics that determine their pay grade - which directly affects their pay checks. At my company, missing a metric is a 3 month pay cut. Are there lazy techs that don't care about good service or improving their job skills?? Of course, but those guys don't normally last long in this business anyway. Level 1 is terrible thing to see on your paycheck. The days of showing up in a station wagon with a case beer in the back are over, Claude.

Attached are the job aids that everyone should be trained on.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-04-21 075230.jpg
    Annotation 2019-04-21 075230.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Annotation 2019-04-21 075304.jpg
    Annotation 2019-04-21 075304.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 128

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts