Got the Megasat 100HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moosejr

Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Iowa
I got the Megasat 100hd in the mail the other day along with a bsc621 c/ku lnbf. set up the 8 foot dish and hook up the megasat got 99w G16 tuned in still need to do some tweaking but i got all channels but the fox feeds thus far. still have to hook up the actuator and start tuning.

review to come

Your ebay link might be the same exact thing....cause it looks like 3C Exploiter is the seller not the name of the box.

Anyway not having much luck researching this box...?????

The thing that kills it is that huge SCART converter on the back of the unit.

I wonder what the power supply looks like.

The scart converter is pretty similar as the wire connector converter used in the micro. Its probably converting a plug in the box to the component/RCA connectors. Anyway , this is probably use it while it work and them dump it. I'm very tempting to get one and see how it works. For $39 and free shipping how much can you ask for??? $39 is almost the shipping charges on other items!!

If you get one Carlos, crack the case and take some pics from the inside.

the scart is for rca connections, thus far works quite well,I have nothing to compare it to so maybe its not working that well still fun to see what i can get thou. one thing i will say the signal meter and quality meters are not dead on they read 38 and 5 without the lnbf hooked up and 45 and 10 with one hooked up and not pointing to a bird not sure if alot of receivers do this or not as this is the first one i have owned.

These actually work pretty good, but will not support a diseqc switch. They have a 3601 soc. I had one about a year ago, so they are not that new. Paid $60 for mine from a south FL seller on ebay. I tried to load some different FW on mine and messed it up. There was no way to dump the old FW before trying to upgrade and there is no rs232 connector. They will do AC3 as well as mpeg 2 and 4. They are all over Alibabi and several other Chinese web sites. These are not an official Megasat STB, they are not listed on the Megasat web site in Germany. When I bought mine, it was not advertized as a Megasat.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.