Got upgraded to HD last night..

BASDSucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
PA
My Install window was Noon to 5pm, the installer show up at 4:15pm. and he replaced my current dish with this one.

It took him almost a hour and a half to install the dish and all the wiring outside. Once all that was done he brought in a 622 bo:mad: i was hoping for a 722 :().. He opened the box and began to dissemble my old 625 and install the 622 and i asked him if he was going to install component or Hdmi, and he said he didnt have ANY hdmi cables with him at all, so i was stuck with component until my 7$(with shipping) hdmi cable comes in from amazon. Amazon.com: HDMI 2M (6 Feet) Super High Resolution Cable: Electronics

He got it all hooked up, and running good, so he left. And all was good until this morning, i turned the tv on and began to go through the HD channels and NONE seemed to work and a message came up o nthe screen to do a Switch Test, so i ran it, it passed, but no channels worked, i ran it a few more times, still nothing. The out of no where it just started working... i find that kinda strange...

Other then that switch problem its bee running good, i do notice some artifacts on some HD channels so i changed it from 1080I(witch the installer put it to) to my tvs native resolution of 720, and its not as bad..

Anybody have a list of what channels are 1080I or 720P???

The new software update( witch i didnt even know about that changed the 288 limit to over 500 last month is a godsend, i can finally just set most of my timers to New Episodes and not care about it hitting that limit anytime soon...

What type and size TV do you have? Also, what is the native resolution of HDTV? That will help you adjust the output for the best results. I'm surprised the installer remembered to change the HD output........my installer left it at the 480P default. The HDMI will definately improve the sound quality, but don't expect much difference in picture quality, many people actually prefer the Component PQ. Congrats! you'll love the VIP622.

What type and size TV do you have? Also, what is the native resolution of HDTV? That will help you adjust the output for the best results. I'm surprised the installer remembered to change the HD output........my installer left it at the 480P default. The HDMI will definately improve the sound quality, but don't expect much difference in picture quality, many people actually prefer the Component PQ. Congrats! you'll love the VIP622.

i have a LG 37LC2D-UE with 2 hdmi ports, native res is 720P
LG 37LC2D - 37" LCD TV Reviews. Flat-panel and Plasma TVs Reviews by CNET.

And even is the hdmi cable doesn't make that much of a difference, its no loss sine it only cost 7$

The LG 37LC2D is an above average LCD.....I sell this unit at CC where I work. 720P output is probably the best choice for this set, especially if you watch alot of HD sports(ESPN, ABC). Are you able to receive HD locals in your area? Both your TV and the VIP622 have ATSC digital OTA tuners, and the PQ is exceptional. ESPN 1&2 and ABC HD are 720P......most others are 1080i

The LG 37LC2D is an above average LCD.....I sell this unit at CC where I work. 720P output is probably the best choice for this set, especially if you watch alot of HD sports(ESPN, ABC). Are you able to receive HD locals in your area? Both your TV and the VIP622 have ATSC digital OTA tuners, and the PQ is exceptional. ESPN 1&2 and ABC HD are 720P......most others are 1080i
i havent try to get OTA stuff yet, i got local channels from dish and they look good. Ill have to look around for a Antenna and try to get OTA..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts