Got Voom yesterday...

turts

Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
So, I got Voom installed yesterday and it went very smooth. I had to do a pole mount because of some tall trees but it's not very noticeable. The installer was very good, showed up on time, and worked fast. Within an hour or so I had all the channels plus all my digital locals working great. Last night the software took an update (from 5.08 to 6.2) and the box is running even better today! The picture and sound are very good and I've already enjoyed quite a bit of Rush HD! I was pretty skeptical with some of the installation stories I heard but for me this was a fine experience.

turts said:
Last night the software took an update (from 5.08 to 6.2)
Wow, they are still shipping 5.08 ?!
Welcome aboard, and enjoy VOOM!

Ilya said:
Wow, they are still shipping 5.08 ?!
Welcome aboard, and enjoy VOOM!
This reminds me of Dish with their model 6000, they never updated the firmware prior to shipping. They would place a disclaimer in the box that you MUST take the software download prior to installing the 8vsb module or you would risk frying it since the fan would not kick on. :( I knew guys getting new 6000's 3 years after I had mine and the software was still the same.

Is that true??? Wow!
Well, at least VOOM is no longer shipping STBs without software as they did last year and early this year. Nothing is more frustrating than staring at the download screen for half an hour when you just got installed! :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts