Grand Junction Colorado's CBS/FOX Station Burns to the Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just glad that I have Den affiliates... The fire was reported at 8:30am and was still smouldering at 5:30pm. Uncertain if they saved any equipment.

To be honest, KREX was always my least favorite local, but it is sad. Its the oldest channel in Western Colorado.

Not good for anyone in that area to include the people that work there. I am always puzzled how an occupied business building could get that bad. They can and all to often do.

Not good for anyone in that area to include the people that work there. I am always puzzled how an occupied business building could get that bad. They can and all to often do.

A old friend used to be a contract transmitter technician, and told some hair raising stories.

with transmitters high power things can go bad fast, he was nearly killed by a fireball that went right thru a transmitter case.

he had been called because output was a little off, walked past the transmitter, smelled burning and with 5 seconds boom expolsion

My Dept Secretary is a Local Dish sub; they have no CBS or FOX as of this morning. So I told her to email ceo@echostar.

She got this response:

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by these channels being off the air due to fire. By law, DISH Network is unable to provide any customer out-of-market local stations for any reason. Due to the fire, we are working to see if there is any way we can provide our customers in the Grand Junction market with CBS and FOX feeds as an exception. A resolution hasn’t been found yet, but we are actively working on one.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

name deleted...
Executive Communications

I find it amazing that Bresnan Cable was able to almost immediately start a CBS and FOX feed; but Dish Network cannot. Thus for Dish customers in Grand Junction, there was no football yesterday. :(

Sad, but yet another example of special & separate rules afforded to cable companies vs SAT companies; these thing MUST STOP damn its 2008!

Could be related to the distants debacle last year, but probably not... ;) however... innocent people do not have programming for what a 1/4 of Colorado? I know NM has the Extreme SW part in our DMA...(see the translators listed for Durango all the time)

Maybe Charlie should take the padlock off his wallet and start greasing a few palms in DC to get some changes made, lord knows he has enough money to do it.

I find it amazing that Bresnan Cable was able to almost immediately start a CBS and FOX feed; but Dish Network cannot. Thus for Dish customers in Grand Junction, there was no football yesterday. :(
What did Directv do? Or do that not bother with that market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)