Grandma keeps losing the remote

olfenite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
I do apologize, this really does not pertain to Dish Network, I just do not know where else to go. If it makes it any better, she does use a Dish Network remote.

My grandma lost her original Dish Network remote for both TV 1 and TV 2. After numerous hours of searching, I gave up and bought her new remotes for both rooms.

Four days after I buy them, she has already lost TV 1 remote.

I need some ideas as to how to make her not lose them. I have one already, which involves something I saw at a Sears once, but I don't know what they are called or how to buy one. It was a security device where on one end was a sticky part, and it was connected to a long bungee type material. The other end was exactly the same, and sticky part where it could be stuck to a television or table. I'd go ask Sears about it, but this was over 10 years ago.

If anyone knows where to get one of those things or have some sort of idea, I would really appreciate it. The Dish Network remotes are so overpriced, and I feel bad for her because she does not know how to turn the TV or satellite on any other way, and she can't even flip the channel on TV 2 if she loses that one again. Please help. Thank you.

Drill two small holes in the casing of the remote and feed a string through and tie it to the remote. Then tie the other end of the string to a table leg or something.

Similar to how I've seen remotes chained to tables before in public places - obviously they use real chains so you can't cut them, but for the purpose of not losing the remote, I'd think a string would suffice.

Glue one of these on the back of the remote. Sold at Walmart for about 25 bucks. You keep the transmitter. If and when she looses the remote again you will be able to find it.
0067420401285_P255062_215X215.jpg
ETA Remote and 1 Receiver Luggage Locator Pro - Luggage and Leather

Last edited:
What if you loose the transmitter?

The best thing to do would be for her to buy the replacement remotes. I don't want to sound mean, but this method does seem to work the best with people for some reason.

Other than that, I have seen it at CVS and Rite aid where they sell the oversize big button remote for about $10. They will do TV1 just fine and you can't loose it since its about the size of a magazine!

What if you loose the transmitter?

The best thing to do would be for her to buy the replacement remotes. I don't want to sound mean, but this method does seem to work the best with people for some reason.

Other than that, I have seen it at CVS and Rite aid where they sell the oversize big button remote for about $10. They will do TV1 just fine and you can't loose it since its about the size of a magazine!
he keeps the transmitter;)

I suspect either a pet (dog) is carrying it off or they are getting thrown away (like mixed up in newspapers or magazines and being dumped in the trash). The string would probably be the method I would use.

Just drill a piece of metal to hold the remote control to the furniture like they do in hotels. THen she would only lose it if she lost the end table. Unless the dog likes to eat wood furniture as well.

My wife is the perfect remote finder. Don't know how but when I look for 10 minutes and can't find it, she strolls in and finds it within 20 seconds. Every time.

Wives cost more than string or transmitters though...

My wife is the perfect remote finder. Don't know how but when I look for 10 minutes and can't find it, she strolls in and finds it within 20 seconds. Every time.

Wives cost more than string or transmitters though...

In my case she can find it in 20 seconds because she is the one who put it where it was.

As for grandma, duct tape it to her hand, couch or coffee table. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)