Gray TV adds CW to 4 Stations....

Could mean 'DAY 'DAZ lose The CW. Wonder what's 'on tap' to replace it??
Will Gray put it on the LP transmitters in the area that they recently purchased?
Or will they drop (Npw on PSIP 11.3) MeTV?? (and 'DAY 'DAZ pick it up)
Whatever transpires, it's a shake-up in the Fargo DMA.

Will Gray put it on the LP transmitters in the area that they recently purchased?
I checked again its on a lp station 28....

Who knows, WDAY/WDAZ might take FOX from KVRR et al. and put it on 6.3/8.3 (where Xtra is).

I checked again its on a lp station 28....

correct. Gray owns a LP on channel 28 that right now does not cover Fargo proper but they have a cp to move it there. From previous articles, it sounds like they are going to put CBS back on there. They even "parked" the old KXJB call sign on one of their existing stations in Wyoming

maybe nothing. Isnt CW there just a passthrough (the CW100+)?
They already mentioned KXJB-DT2. Right now KXJB is parked on a Gray station in Wyoming (KXJB-LD) assuming they will move it once they get the new CP for the LP station on 28 in Argusville (they are moving it to Fargo)

Why would Gray drop MeTV?

I could see WDAY/WDAZ pick up MY Network from KCPM which is pretty much non existent on ota
but My is only 2 hours a day 5 days a week...they'd have to syndicate the rest

CW at least has a 24/7 feed (CW+) that markets 100+ pick up. That has syndicated stuff on it too.
Unless Forum does maybe a My with another station...the other station 22 hours a day, My for 2 hours...but what would they fill it with. KRDK has most of the "decent" stations.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
but My is only 2 hours a day 5 days a week...they'd have to syndicate the rest

CW at least has a 24/7 feed (CW+) that markets 100+ pick up. That has syndicated stuff on it too.
Unless Forum does maybe a My with another station...the other station 22 hours a day, My for 2 hours...but what would they fill it with. KRDK has most of the "decent" stations.
If it goes as planned they can fill it with Tribune's wonderful THIS TV....that's about all that the Fargo Market doesn't have (well had already)

I should have seen this coming when Gray bought out Hoak Media which owned KALB and KNOE....
KNOE already had the CW and just moved KAQY's programming to 8.2 and dropped the cw to 8.3 and now KALB already had NBC and CBS and now is getting the CW next fall. Still I need to find out what delta will replace 41.1 with KBCA (which this would be the second cw affiliation they lose, including KLWB losing CW to KATC 3.2 back in 2010.....Possibly another This affiliation)

If it goes as planned they can fill it with Tribune's wonderful THIS TV....that's about all that the Fargo Market doesn't have (well had already)
Or Forum may say the hell with it and do nothing ;)
Forum has the contract until next summer (it said 2016/2017 season is when the change happens) so its a while before anything changes

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Well despite being under 20 inches of rain in Acadiana and all, looks like KALB getting ready for its new station.
1471095627682-1015667802.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)