Grayed Out Menu Selections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I have a 522 dvr receiver. Several days ago I noticed that the "movies and more" button is grayed out on the recordings screen. Not a big deal, I hardly ever selected it anyway but none the less I thought it was odd.
The other grayed out button that is really annoying to me is the "timer" button when accessing the timer via the scheduled event. You can still get to the master timers list to make changes, but it is way more cumbersome of a navigation because then you need to toggle through all of your timers to select the one you want.

I apologize if my description is not clear, I am not at home to go through the steps, I am trying to explain from memory something that I would normally do without much thought, done it for so long it's autopilot now.

I am wondering if it's the result of a recent software upgrade or if my system is having an issue? Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 522 dvr receiver. Several days ago I noticed that the "movies and more" button is grayed out on the recordings screen. Not a big deal, I hardly ever selected it anyway but none the less I thought it was odd.
The other grayed out button that is really annoying to me is the "timer" button when accessing the timer via the scheduled event. You can still get to the master timers list to make changes, but it is way more cumbersome of a navigation because then you need to toggle through all of your timers to select the one you want.

I apologize if my description is not clear, I am not at home to go through the steps, I am trying to explain from memory something that I would normally do without much thought, done it for so long it's autopilot now.

I am wondering if it's the result of a recent software upgrade or if my system is having an issue? Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regardless if there is a receiver problem or not you should really consider upgrading your equipment. The 522 is getting pretty outdated.

I know, I recently moved and did the dish mover and the technician laughed at me....Younger kid who looked at it like it was an 8 track or something. "I've never installed one of these before"

What can I say, when I find something I like I stick with it :D

It isn't just your system, I've seen other forums regarding it. Its a software issue that will be fixed with a future software update and the work around is this.

daily schedule > timer > event selection

Cool, Thanks...Nice to know my trusty old 522 is not the culprit. ;)

I probably will end up upgrading soon, The hopper/joey stuff sounds pretty cool.

You moved with dish mover and kept the old receiver? I'm surprised they didn't offer an upgrade. On the other hand, if it works flawlessly (greyed out buttons not included) and you are happy with it I guess stay with it.

.....until the HDD cries uncle!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law recently upgraded to a 722K from a 522, no up-front money, bill stayed the same with free HD for life and were already paying DVR fee.

They had been running this 522 on a Panasonic 42" plasma for about a year, the only HD they had was OTA through the TV tuner.

I finally talked them into the up-grade and they were amazed with the HD picture on all the rest of the channels.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law recently upgraded to a 722K from a 522, no up-front money, bill stayed the same with free HD for life and were already paying DVR fee.

They had been running this 522 on a Panasonic 42" plasma for about a year, the only HD they had was OTA through the TV tuner.

I finally talked them into the up-grade and they were amazed with the HD picture on all the rest of the channels.

Seems like a no-brainer doesn't it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)