Great customer service experience

clrntsqueak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I had a horrible experience with customer service on the phone. I was on the phone for over an HOUR over simple billing issues/mistakes for my FIRST bill. The guy was Indian and just refused to fix simple billing errors. He transfered me over to another person and they also were difficult. I gave up.

I just received a "revised" bill in the mail this week and it was for MORE money. So I emailed ceo@echostar.com. I received an email just a little while ago and they completely fixed everything and even waived the no phone line charges for one receiver because the phone jack at that receiver doesn't work. She even offered to send out a wireless phone jack! :) There were so many errors that my bill that was $211 ended up being only $131 with everything fixed.

The issue was that the 18-month committment $50 credit and DHPP (and associated credits) weren't applied to the account. The Indian guy put DHPP on the bill but didn't put the credits so it ended up being $10 more! This pushed me to shoot out an email to ceo@echostar.com. The way they handled the situation just makes me feel so much better about Dish Network.

So even though my situation began very frustrating and annoying it ended up being great.

If anyone has any issues at all just email ceo.. you can't go wrong with them. I won't ever touch India phone tech/customer support with a ten foot pole... what a nightmare.

Just thought I'd share a good-outcome story. :)

Wow, that sucks that you had all those problems, but I'm glad it worked out for you. I've never had to use the CEO address myself, but I've heard great things from the others here. Thanks for sharing!

No problem! And yeah, I was amazed by how screwed up everything was. Thank goodness I'm patient because someone that wasn't patient would have cancelled service in a heart beat.

The Indian CSR was seriously ARGUING with me saying that I didn't sign up for the 18 month committment. I was just awestruck that he didn't add it because I thought DISH WANTED customers under a committment.

My advice to everyone out there... don't call DISH support at all... it's better to just deal with ceo@echostar.com. I guess the only reason to call Customer Support is for very urgent matters as email response takes about a day.

Maybe DISH needs to add a billing CEO address PUBLIC for ALL customers who are having problems with their bills. The only way we know about this address is because we are on the web boards. Most customers would never know about this address .

The people at ceo@echostar.com are great and efficient. I wasn't getting my $10.00 off with the HD package and they took care of it in a couple of hours. I was so frustrated dealing with the regular CSRs that I decided to send the email and two hours later I received and email from them that the problem was fixed. Checked my bill this month and there it was, $10.00 credit.

ceo@echostar.com does work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)