Great install

psternklar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Albany, NY area
Had D* then Time Warner Cable. Could not stand the horrible DVR. Had E* installed yesterday by a local E* installer. WOW!!! The picture quality blows Time Warner amd D* away. I suggest a local installer. He understood my needs and did a FABTASTIC job. Well, I am happy to be bask!

Had D* then Time Warner Cable. Could not stand the horrible DVR. Had E* installed yesterday by a local E* installer. WOW!!! The picture quality blows Time Warner amd D* away. I suggest a local installer. He understood my needs and did a FABTASTIC job. Well, I am happy to be bask!
If you don't have a gripe, don't post!:D
Glad all went well and you're happy.

great to hear good stories! There are some fantastic installers out there who do it right. DISH should come up with a way of following up with installs to recognize the good and get rid of the bad, pfan.

61.5/110/119 /72.7 1000.4/500 through a DP44

Thanks for the info. I spent a little time on my roof and walking my property with a compass yesterday (Before the big snowstorm) and I am not sure there is a location on my 2.5 acres where I can get 61.5 and 72.7 at the same spot. My 61.5 dish barely peeks through a break in the trees. Looks like I'm going to have to get the chainsaw out to get the new HD. Three large 150' maples will have to come down. And I thought a second dish on the roof for HD was a tough sell to my wife.

Thanks for the info. I spent a little time on my roof and walking my property with a compass yesterday (Before the big snowstorm) and I am not sure there is a location on my 2.5 acres where I can get 61.5 and 72.7 at the same spot. My 61.5 dish barely peeks through a break in the trees. Looks like I'm going to have to get the chainsaw out to get the new HD. Three large 150' maples will have to come down. And I thought a second dish on the roof for HD was a tough sell to my wife.

from what I understand, the two dishes don't HAVE to be near each other. there is a limit, but i've seen them as much as 75' apart. that might open up some possibilities.

So I could look for a spot to peek out at just 72.7? Well I could try that, but would mean a third dish in the system. Sounds like a grounding nightmare. Like the chainsaw idea better. 61.5 and 72.7 are not that far apart, but when your surrounded by trees it's like a mile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)