Great site for FTA birds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
http://www.lyngsat.com/

Has info on practically everything you can get with a FTA setup here and overseas.

Apologies if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it, it's 5:30AM and I can't sleep - I'm getting Dish installed today and I'm excited.

It didn't, the guy turned up and told me I had to buy a 6"x6" x10 foot wood pole and 2 bags of concrete to put in the ground, the old DTV pole was useless.
He's coming back Monday afternoon, perhaps to let me know what else I'll need.
In the meantime I'm taking up the RG6 from the old DTV install and routing it to my office ready for when my FTA dish arrives, all i need to do now is sell my mortal soul to raise cash for a motor :)

eBay here I come!!

The problem with a wood pole is that as they dry out they warp and twist. Metal pipe is much better. If you do use wood, be sure to water seal or paint it. That will reduce the warping.

VERY true Tom, I will not consider a wooden pole to mount a dish, its OK for a self install but as an installer who stands behind his work (far behind it case it falls down: )) I do not want to be returning every time the wood moves! Its also against SBCA recommendations! I use metal for all pole mounts, filled with cement right to the top to stop any flexing, it will be worth the wait!

Looks like we have light at the end of the tunnel regarding my pole situation, it's in the DishNetwork section :)

Tom, satfinder arrived yesterday, i'm driving my dog mental with the audible strength feature. The other gear is due to arrive today according to FedEx, thanks for a very rapid shipment - it's appreciated.

One method we use for several dishes on one pole is to put up a metal pole and then use the J poles that come with systems, fta, Dish etc. We attach the J poles to the main pole with U Bolts, muffler clamps work well. You will have to drill holes in the base shoe to the proper width for the U Bolt. We also use this method for poles that were put in for C-Band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts