Great Sports Moments on the 4th of July

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I did a thread like this on Father's Day.

Now, I'm doing a July 4th edition.

What are some great sports moments you recall happening on July 4th?

The only one I can come up with was that Mets/Braves game that went on and on and on...

Fireworks were shot in the middle of the night- they were supposed to do it in Atlanta (BTW, this was when Atlanta REALLY stunk), but the game went on so long..

I did a thread like this on Father's Day.

Now, I'm doing a July 4th edition.

What are some great sports moments you recall happening on July 4th?

The only one I can come up with was that Mets/Braves game that went on and on and on...

Fireworks were shot in the middle of the night- they were supposed to do it in Atlanta (BTW, this was when Atlanta REALLY stunk), but the game went on so long..

25 years ago today.........July 4, 1983. Yankees lefthander Dave Righetti no-hits the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. He strikes out Wade Boggs to end the game.

25 years ago today.........July 4, 1983. Yankees lefthander Dave Righetti no-hits the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. He strikes out Wade Boggs to end the game.

Has it been that long? Man I feel old now.

"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."

- Lou Gehrig, July 4, 1939 at Yankee Stadium

farewell.jpg

Worst sports Injury on July 4th...or ever?

Reading the title of your thread made me think of the worst injury I've ever seen on a field. It has it's 8th anniversary today. Jason Kendall (then a catcher for the Pirates) was trying to run out a bunt single when his right ankle came down funky on first base. His body went left, the ankle and foot went right and grown men were vomiting at the sight!!! :eek:(Unfortunately, the ground mike was left on @ First and I can to this day still hear the blood curdling cries from Jason...who is one of the toughest hombres ever to put on the tools).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)