Greatings from UK! Help required please...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

usafeednut

Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Hi,

Next month i fly to Philly to help a friend install a dish for FTA channels.
Having a 2.4m & 1.8m dishes here in UK i need alittle advice on how to set him up in Philly.

In USA is it the same principle as UK as in the satellite's are in an arc shape so a diseqc 1.2 motor would work in USA?

If so which would be the "middle" sat to find on the arc in Philly?

Sorry if this is nonsense i have no clue about USA satellites.

Thanks in advance guys....

Hello,
My names Pete and I come from the UK and work here now as a KU band satellite installer, nice to hear from you, if you give us your friends zip/post code we can work out the exact true south satellite that he needs to point at to set up a FTA motorized system, or if you are just pointing to one satellite let us know what satellite and we will give you the coordinates to point at, satellite installation is much the same in both countries, you have found the right place this is what we do here at satellite guys.us Any questions post em here! All the Best!

Please bring some Irn Bru and curly wurley's with you : ) And some PG Tips Tea, and I could use a change of underpants : )

PSB said:
Please bring some Irn Bru and curly wurley's with you : ) And some PG Tips Tea, and I could use a change of underpants : )

lol will do... need any Walkers crisps too?

His zip is 19124

So the term "true south satellite" would be the "middle" one in his location, mine here in UK is 1 West which when my 1.2 dis is set allows it to go 42 east thru 48 west.. this the same kind of thing in USA?

Also reading this forum is Galaxy 10 one of the best FTA US sat's then?

Reading this forum takes me back 10 years when i first started this hobby in UK... i have an evening of great reading ahead..

Thanks for your help so far!

Galaxy 10 is the best for US Networks (UPN, WB, ABC, FOX, PAX)

If he is in to international (foreign language) programming, IA 5 at 97W is the best for that

Iceberg said:
Galaxy 10 is the best for US Networks (UPN, WB, ABC, FOX, PAX)

If he is in to international (foreign language) programming, IA 5 at 97W is the best for that

Thank you.

Yep! The true south satellite is the highest in the Clarke Belt and the one to use when setting up the DiSEqC1.2 motor, should be a breeze! Stand by and I will get right back with the coordinates for your pals true south bird! If some one does not beat me to it : ) Nice bunch of guys here, but watch out for Iceberg......... : ) (joke)

PSB said:
Yep! The true south satellite is the highest in the Clarke Belt and the one to use when setting up the DiSEqC1.2 motor, should be a breeze! Stand by and I will get right back with the coordinates for your pals true south bird! If some one does not beat me to it : ) Nice bunch of guys here, but watch out for Iceberg......... : ) (joke)

Great stuff thanks.

So any particular channels to look out for that would be of interest?

Heres the coordinates you will need to setup the system, check the DMSI link on my web site for details of the DiSEqC 1.2 motor most of us here use..........

Zip = 19124
Lat/N= 40 deg.
Long/W=75 deg.
Closest true south satellite= SBS6 at 74W
Distance to this satellite= 37540km
Total elevation= 43.73 deg.
Motor elevation=50 deg.
Declination angle= 6.260 deg.
Your Magnetiv devition is around + 10 deg. but check this forum as there is a more current magnetic deviation map here someplace, so you would be pointing at 190deg. on a compass to get your true south bird!

Forget the walkers crisps, as the chips here are pretty good.
As for programming there is loads of feed, more now than ever with the election coming up, and there are loads of general interest FTA programming up there, more than enough to keep you busy, but remember you have been spoiled in Europe as they are a wee bit further ahead in FTA digital satellite, I used to read What satellite every month back in the UK, I keep up to date with their web site. Check the FTA channels list again on my web site for a list of all the FTA channels that are from the USA, with a FTA ku band system you get all the green channels that say DVB beside them, hope this helps!

since the true south is SBS6, use 11708 H polarity 4.000 for a TP that has something on it

NBC from Lake Charles, Louisiana :)

Iceberg said:
since the true south is SBS6, use 11708 H polarity 4.000 for a TP that has something on it

NBC from Lake Charles, Louisiana :)

Cool - will do thanks...

What would be the sat's that we can get then do you think?

30 W thru 140w maybe?

With the SG2100 motormount I get from 165W to 25W, so you will not be far away from that.......around 70deg in each direction from SBS6.
Depending of course on line of sight!

I can get from Hispasat 1C (30W) through Echo 1 (148W) for sure....There really isnt much past 123 if he is doing KU Band.

Iceberg said:
I can get from Hispasat 1C (30W) through Echo 1 (148W) for sure....There really isnt much past 123 if he is doing KU Band.

Thanks guys.. yes he is just doing KU Band.

One final question... do you know of any USA feedhunter forums or groups.. we have a few in Europe where people post new feeds etc - anything like that for USA?

PSB said:
Forget the walkers crisps, as the chips here are pretty good.

:what

You can bring me some Oxo over if you want to, I used the last of it yesterday making a shepherds pie.

Sadoun has a (Small) private forum for backhauls.

usafeednut, where in UK are you from?

A brummie :)
I got 2 jars from my parents this year and it's lasting me forever.
And yeah, they hate it.

Happy 100th post to me.
Does this mean I win a free receiver from PSB?

I am getting out numbered by Sassenach here!!!!!!!!

I am good for Marmite, my dad brought me two LARGE jars a few years ago, just opened the 2nd one a few weeks ago!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)