Greatly improved 129 signal strength!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
RandallA said:
and that's exactly what I have. Look at "View my Equipment" pictures. I have a D500 with an I adapter and I only get mid 70s with 129. It should be at least in the high 80s to avoid rain fade.

Could always put up a 30 inch dish for 129.

30" satellite dish

That is what I did. I replaced my Dish 500 that was aimed at 129 with a 80cm dish and the signal strength increased quite a bit. I now get 83-87 on Tp 30 (Rave ). I still get the 30 point strength drop every 20 minutes but it only drops to 53-55 and I do not lose my picture.

The 129 rollercoaster

I live near Portland Oregon and have recently added a dish for 129 (not 1000).
From the begginning I could watch the signal drop 30 to 40 points until I would loose the channel. The picture on my 622 would pixelate and then the receiver would lock up. My normal signal strenth is as follows:
TP
3 78
11 73
19 75
23 76
30 78
31 87
Dish replaced my Dp44 switch, bit the installer told me that they were receiving many complaints with the same problem. In the last three weeks or so this issue has improved to the point where I do not completely loose the signals, but the swing still occurs.

So when does dish step up an admit that there is a problem

As I have mentioned in earlier posts I have been thru the wringer with this issue with Dish including seperate dishes for 129. I refuse to even try and watch anything on 129 due to the frustration of loosing the signal. I have received limited credits from Dish but they refuse to admit that this is the wide spread issue as anyone could determine by the posts on this and other boards. At some point this issue needs to be rasied to a higher level it just doesn't seem fair that Dish can continue to charge for programing it cannot deliver.

I agree totally. I'm so PO'd I could chew deutronium. Here's an e-mail I just sent to ceo@echostar.com...........

I writing to you hoping someone will do something about the poor service I'm getting.
First of all the Dish 1000 DOES NOT WORK in the Pacific NW. I had it installed by an extremely poor installer who was only interested in how fast he could get out of here and on to his next $50 customer. I called in and complained and another installer was sent out. He did little better. Neither of them ever tried to tune the dish for best signal. The skew was never checked. I called and complained again and was told "The Manager" would be out. I sat around all day and never got a call and he never showed up. During this time all HD channels were useless. Every 15 minutes the signal strength would fall into the 30s and the receiver would freeze up, requiring a hard boot. This went on for weeks. Finally in desperation I got a larger dish and transfered my 129 LNB to that dish and now it works. I have put out considerable effort and cost and lost my valuable time waiting for your contractors and trying to make your equipment work.

Since then I have ordered and paid for a VIP622. I had an appointment to have it installed on 4/15/06. It was to be shipped directly to me. It is 4/12/06 and it has not come. I have called your service department repeatedly and they do not know where it is, or if it has been shipped, or even when it will be shipped. The 4/15 install date was canceled by your service department and they claim they are going to call me next week to let me know when I am going to get it. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

I am amazed at the poor service your company offers. If this is the best customer service in the industry I can't imagine what the worst is.
I am tired of fixing your shoddy install work and spending hours on hold trying to get the service and equipment I pay for. And please get some English speaking CSRs. Those people in India are unintelligible

Acct # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

RandallA said:
and that's exactly what I have. Look at "View my Equipment" pictures. I have a D500 with an I adapter and I only get mid 70s with 129. It should be at least in the high 80s to avoid rain fade.
I get the same readings on my 1000, but with some TP's hitting 88 every now and then., and I am about 2 hours of driving East of you.

cali_installer said:
so then is it true or false? is the problem with the 129 that fact that i have heard that echo5 (129) is basically just damaged and can't provide enough power ?
Correct, that damn thing is never gonna provide more power, they probably would have tried that already. It's a shame that all this new HD stuff comes off the worst satellite they have. They gonna make alot of subscribers mad, especially ones that are technically not so inclined as people are on this board. They just see the damn channels disappear every time it rains, and that's all they care about. It is their right to do so, because they pay for it. Either you can pull it off with your equipment, or you can't. And if people think that E* can't, they'll go somewhere else after the commitment is up, and tell everybody that E* sucks. I know putting up modified dishes helps, but do you really think it has to be that way?? I think it is pathetic that people on this board even have to do this!
It is like they were to sell Ferraris with lawnmower motors. Nice looking equipment, but gets smoked by an 30 year old Beetle at every traffic light.

ralfyguy said:
Correct, that damn thing is never gonna provide more power, they probably would have tried that already. It's a shame that all this new HD stuff comes off the worst satellite they have. They gonna make alot of subscribers mad, especially ones that are technically not so inclined as people are on this board. They just see the damn channels disappear every time it rains, and that's all they care about. It is their right to do so, because they pay for it. Either you can pull it off with your equipment, or you can't. And if people think that E* can't, they'll go somewhere else after the commitment is up, and tell everybody that E* sucks. I know putting up modified dishes helps, but do you really think it has to be that way?? I think it is pathetic that people on this board even have to do this!
It is like they were to sell Ferraris with lawnmower motors. Nice looking equipment, but gets smoked by an 30 year old Beetle at every traffic light.
I agree with you Ralfy. That's what got me upset about the whole thing, why in the world did they put the Voom channels on 129? They could've put them on the wings 61.5 and 148. 61.5 for the East coast and 148 for the West Coast.
And why in the world do I have to get a bigger dish? Yes, it works but people shouldn't have to go through modifying their equipment just to watch their programming.

RandallA said:
I agree with you Ralfy. That's what got me upset about the whole thing, why in the world did they put the Voom channels on 129? They could've put them on the wings 61.5 and 148. 61.5 for the East coast and 148 for the West Coast.
And why in the world do I have to get a bigger dish? Yes, it works but people shouldn't have to go through modifying their equipment just to watch their programming.
And then they don't even admit that there is a problem! Then why don't they have 1000's installed across he country, if it's all OK? Why do they have a 2nd dish installed in specific areas if that bird has no problems? This is contradictive.
In a way I benefit from this solution, because I have no LOS to 61.5 and 148, because of neighbor's trees. But this is not the point. One of these days 129 is gonna crap out completely, or at least the weakest transponders, which by the way are the ones that carry the voom content. THEN WHAT? This would be Armageddon, because think of all the HD subscribers, that depend on 129...what a disaster that would be...:eek:

129 is a temporay situation. Ciel is building a new satellite for that location and Dish will lease space on it. I think they rushed 129 because they wanted to be able to counter DIRECTV's LIL HD as fast as possible.

When I hook up a meter to 129, I can watch it slowly move up or down.
What pissed me off a couple of weeks ago, it was a Saturday thru Monday,
I lost 129 completly, but my meter still showed 20%. I spent a lot of time replacing cable, all connections, etc thinking I was stupid. Come Tuesday
129 comes back to life. All Dish had to do was tell Scott to put out an all
points bulletin of possible testing.
129 & 105 are the two postions my meter can't show 100%.
Can't figure 105, its brand new.

Dish likely is waiting for AMC 16 at 118.7 to check reports in all four directions.
Echo 9 at 121, might be their strongest sat, I can get a lot of 100's in signal stregnth. Now 121 is cleaning house of intl's, as the wings are named primary intl
locations this week. Last week it was 118.7 as the primary for intl's.

I think Dish knows by now, they need to adresss 129 immediately.
Maybe 118.7 or 121.

mkephart said:
As I have mentioned in earlier posts I have been thru the wringer with this issue with Dish including seperate dishes for 129. I refuse to even try and watch anything on 129 due to the frustration of loosing the signal. I have received limited credits from Dish but they refuse to admit that this is the wide spread issue as anyone could determine by the posts on this and other boards. At some point this issue needs to be rasied to a higher level it just doesn't seem fair that Dish can continue to charge for programing it cannot deliver.

I fully agree that something needs to be done - and soon. Waiting until 2007 is a little much, so maybe this forum has an agressive lawyer with some time on their hands, that is good at class action suites. Maybe even the threat of a class action suite would wake Dish up to the fact that they have many upset HD customers that want something done now!

As an afterthought, I see why Dish insisted on an 18 month lease committment including their HD package. They know their HD problem will be solved by late 2007 and their customers will be happy by then.

This thread illustrates why everyone who doesn't need a specific channel from 129 and who can pick up 61.5, should go the 61.5 route instead of a D1000.

I know here in the midwest, the recommended solution is a D1000. However I get mid-to-upper 90s across the board from 61.5, using a simple 18" D300. Come this summer when the thunderstorms pick up, people throughout the midwest using D1000s are going to experience significantly more rain fade than I will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)