Green Bay Locals

markj_354

Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Looking to get a superdish and was wondering which satellite provides locals chanels for Green Bay, Wis. Thanks for youe help.
Markj_354

Thanks Jason
I have a superdish 105 and it seems like I need a 121. Can the 105 lnb be switch to a 121

Mark

The LNBF order is different. If you only used the SuperDish only for 121 then yes you could point it at 121 and it would work. However if you need the 110 and 119 as well, as in you only want 1 dish, then no this would prevent you from receiving the other 2 birds without modifying the LNBF assmbly.

Jason

I also have a dish 500, so I could use both dishs? Which one do I point at 121? The super dish? Just getting into this, learning as I go. Are the 105 and 121 LNBF the same, just pointing in diffrent locations.

Mark

markj_354 said:
I also have a dish 500, so I could use both dishs? Which one do I point at 121? The super dish? Just getting into this, learning as I go. Are the 105 and 121 LNBF the same, just pointing in diffrent locations.

Mark
You could do this...You would be required to use the Super Dish for 121 as it is an FSS satellite, different technology than the 110 & 119, plus 121 requires the larger dish to receiver for various reasons. You can use the seperate Dish 500 but you must make sure it is a DishPro (DP) setup, if it is a Legacy D500 then it wouldn't work when you connect it to the DP34 switch.

Yes 105 and 121 are both FSS birds. Just take note of which LNBF's are which, illustrations below.

Jason

attachment.php

attachment.php

I do have a dish 500 that is a legacy. Is there a switch that I can use to hook up to a 921 dish pro. Also would like to know if I can run one cable to the receiver and split it to input 1 & 2? Do I need a certain switch for this?
Thanks,
Mark

You need to use a DP Plus 44 switch with a DP Plus Separator to hook up to the 921 with a single cable. You will still need to have a Dish Pro LNBF for the 500 if you use it with the 105 dish. The DP Plus 44 is about $160 and the separator about $6. I would run the extra cable if at all possible!

As far as using the 105 SuperDish for Green Bay locals, why don't you just do the SuperDish upgrade promotion, or if you moved the dishmover promotion? Both are free (including installation) with a 12 month commitment and credit card autopay or $24.95 without the autopay.

I am a Green Bay area retailer and can help you out with this if you need.

At this point I would recommend calling E* for the SuperDish free upgrade promo.

With the equipment you have on hand, You could get either the 105/121 to work or the Dish500 to work...but not both, you would need to replace the Dish500 LNBF for a DP LNBF to connect with the 105 thru the DP34 switch. Just sign up for the year of locals and get your free dish....CCAP isn't an issue and if you don't hae a credit card you don't have a credit card...they can't penalize you for that.;)

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)