Green dashes along top of screen with dish 811

oly1217

Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I just had 811 receiver installed and I noticed a couple of lines of green dashes along the top of my screen when watching hdtv channels. My other inputs from a 522 dvr receiver and my sd channels do not show these green dashes. I called tech support and he suggested turning the power off and then back on. This worked for a few minutes but on changing to another hdtv channel the lines returned. Anyone run into this problem?

Yes. This was a problem that many of us were having. The only way to get rid of the green dashes is to hard reboot the 811. There is another thread from a while ago detailing the issue, but I'm not sure how to refer you to it.

OK, I found it, but I don't know how to post a link. Use the search feature and type in "green dots."

oly1217 said:
I just had 811 receiver installed and I noticed a couple of lines of green dashes along the top of my screen when watching hdtv channels. My other inputs from a 522 dvr receiver and my sd channels do not show these green dashes. I called tech support and he suggested turning the power off and then back on. This worked for a few minutes but on changing to another hdtv channel the lines returned. Anyone run into this problem?

Welcome to 811 Hell!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)