Greetings

creedon

Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
Hi there,
This is my first time on this forums. I have some questions to you all and I would like to hear what do you think is the best I should do. Thanks,

I am with Dish network for about 3 years now. I have 4 tv. I have 1 HD tv, but I didn't think about digital when I ordered dishnetwork service then. Now I want to get the HD service for my 1 tv, but dishnetwork told me to purchase the receiver which cost about $300 or more and additional digital service. I told then to forget it. I have standard receivers now. 1 receiver with 2 tv. we could all watch different channels at the same time, and I also have HBO. So I pay $65.76 a month. What is the good deal I can find to get HD service? I see Hot deal for dish network, and so I called them, but they said that is only for new customers. Also, is this true? if I stop the dish network service, I can't get any dish service from anybody for 6 months? So I only have to change to cable service if I want to leave the dish network. Should I buy the HD receiver? I don't know what to do.
Thank you all for helping, I am looking forward to hearing from you all.

you have got to bite the bullet and get the new receiver. you will never want to watch standard tv again after you see the variety of program options that you get from dish. just get the bronze package with hbo. cable sucks. also check out an over the air antenna for your locals. i have a winegard square shooter and it works great.

right now your options are the 622 or the 211. the 211 is cheaper. if you can put up with sd for while longer you can get the new dual tuner dvr that will be the entry level receiver hddvr.

If you would not mind renting the receiver for $6/month you can get one installed for either $49 or $199. $199 is the dual tuner DVR, the $49 is a 1 tuner receiver. This includes installation which will be a new dish to receive the HD programming.

It also looks like Dish is running a promotion if you commit to programming for $200 savings off the HD pack in the form of credits if you do not already subscribe to HD: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/dishhd/index.shtml

Looks like they will throw in a free non DVR receiver. Or if you pay the $200 for the DVR you get $200 in credits it is like free but of course you pay more each month to have an HD pack on your bill.

Note you will probably get stuck with the $6/month rental fee and $6/month DVR fee if you do not sub to HD plat.

Last edited:
Thank you all for replying to me.

Sounds like I should get HD service, right? Even though our TV pictures are very good. I would like to see in digital picture.

So my choice would be pay rent fee/service fee + $49?
or pay $200, and get it back later?

When I called dish network, they said hot deal is only to new customers, and I had to buy the receiver, that's why, I was not sure if I should do it or not.
I am still thinking.

I could still wait if there are better things coming up.
Not urgent to switch to HD yet.

Thank you,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)