Grey letterbox bars distracting.

0U812

Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
I just installed Voom Friday and have 2000 model Hitachi 53fdx01b and have bright grey letterbox bars while watching th HD programs. Im cannot change it with the TV except disorting the picture with the 4:3 aspect. I thought it would be black bars intead of grey like DVD. Are they broadcast in grey or is it my TV ? I have read that they are subject to less burn in than black,but they are hard to get use too. Any help other than a new widescreen TV or black out film would be great if any one knows how to solve this issue. I have twenty local channels and my reception is 96 signal strenth so that is the good side of the experience.

I tried the advance setting on the video and do not have that option.Just aspect ratio,ultra AI and color temp ,ETC. Nothing on the VOOM STB will change it either that I have seen yet.

It is my TV. I found the manual and it says that they are grey bars while watching 16:9 hdtv. I will have to make a masking system or some type of cover or just live with it. I have an excellent picture ,it would not make sense to buy a wide screen for this problem . Thanks guys !!

My old Toshiba 50" had gray bars too. They burned in! Got DLP now, so that won't be a problem.

0U812 said:
It is my TV. I found the manual and it says that they are grey bars while watching 16:9 hdtv. I will have to make a masking system or some type of cover or just live with it. I have an excellent picture ,it would not make sense to buy a wide screen for this problem . Thanks guys !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)