Preview windows grey

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
Some channels currently show up as grey in the preview window when the guide is up. 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 and some others.

Anyone else seeing this?

Just want to confirm this. I just got my Voom a week 2 weeks ago roughly and everytime I see something weird I come here first. I have been lurking around for a week or so and finally decided to join and post. This appears to be "the place" to find out about VOOM.

softwiz said:
Some channels currently show up as grey in the preview window when the guide is up. 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 and some others.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, it started for me about 2 days ago.

Was told that this one they are working on it and it came as a result of testing other stuff. Voom is working on it.

DarrellP said:
Ditto here, started with the newest wonderful upgrade we got.

Again DarrelP, this has nothing to do with the upgrade... :) If you do not know how things operate why make the assumption that it has anything to do with the upgrade.

Sean Mota said:
Again DarrelP, this has nothing to do with the upgrade... :) If you do not know how things operate why make the assumption that it has anything to do with the upgrade.
Sean, why are you riding my ass so hard lately? I had NONE OF THESE ISSUES PRIOR TO THE UPGRADE!!! What else can I attribute it to? Use some logic here, you fall down, your arm hurts, but the fall didn't cause it? I get an upgrade and all of a sudden I have grey boxes in the guide picture, I get the white streak from leaving the guide, I get black picture when tuning in, NONE of which I EVER had PRIOR to getting the last upgrade. Get it? Damn. :no

DarrellP said:
Sean, why are you riding my ass so hard lately? I had NONE OF THESE ISSUES PRIOR TO THE UPGRADE!!! What else can I attribute it to? Use some logic here, you fall down, your arm hurts, but the fall didn't cause it? I get an upgrade and all of a sudden I have grey boxes in the guide picture, I get the white streak from leaving the guide, I get black picture when tuning in, NONE of which I EVER had PRIOR to getting the last upgrade. Get it? Damn. :no

Software 737 was realeased on 2/11/05. I had it since the beginning on my receiver. The issues on this thread did not start on 2/11/05 but recently. It had nothing to do with 737. There are other things that are happening behind the scene that are causing these problems. I am here to correct the misinformation whether it is good or bad. That's how I see it.

Early on this thread I had feedback from VOOM and I stated that the problem was not releated to software version 737 and more to the new harmonics that are being put in place. Yet, a few post laters there other posts calling 737 the cause of the problem. We all need to be in the same page if we want to give good feedback to the engineers. That's the only thing I am saying.

As for you personally, I am not attacking at all. I am just surprised that you have been a member here for a long time and is posting innacurate information.

That's the way I see it Sean, it is not inaccurate to me, as I never had these problems prior to 7.37. Coincidence? If you say so, I believe you if it is caused by behind the scenes goings on. Nuff said?

Actually, I would have attributed the problem with the latest update also since thats when I started noticing it among a few other things. Sometimes when I tune to a local I get sound and no picture. Pushing the guide button then exiting out brings video back. Sometimes going from an HD channel to a SD channel I get no audio or video until I go back and forth one more time. This all started only a couple weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts