VOOM and Windows Media Center

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

banker

Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
Just outside Memphis
I have one of my VOOM recievers hooked up to my pc running Windows Media Center Edition. When running thru the computer, the picture is NOT in HD. Does anyone know how to accomplish recording HD content via the PC?

Forget it.....can't happen right now as there is no hardware available that capture HD due to copyright constraints. I am connected also through WinXP and can only use the Svideo connection. When copyright protected cards are released, they will probably connect through firewire or usb2.0 to receivers that will allow it. Don't hold your breath, though, the Media companies don't want to see that happen and will fight it tooth and nail......

roachxp said:
Try the ATI Teather 550 does a great job.

I take it you mean the Theater 550 and yes it is supposed to have a great PQ, but it won't do HD. They do have a digital TV card but it won't allow HD input from an external source either, just OTA digital broadcasts. No other company has one either for now. Sorry.

banker said:
Does anyone know how to accomplish recording HD content via the PC?

You can record OTA signals via a number of HD cards for your PC such as the MyHD card or Fusion HDTV. Recording the content from the satellite is a different story as noted here already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts