DC Subs: Are you having trouble receiving WTTG (Fox)?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Please provide feed back on this channel in the DC area if you are having trouble receiving it as VOOM is trying to find out if there is indeed a problem. Do not remember if anyone mentioned this before.

Try rebooting

No signal as of 11 am.

Did a rescan, and it showed Fox5 at 97%, but channel still said No Signal.

Rebooted machine and it came in fine.

.... heart re-starting :) ....

BTW, my OTA antenna was installed earlier this week and the installers had to do the same thing... Fox5 was the only channel that did this.

Dan

i receive it fine. signal is at 91%. only channel i don't get is upn 20 which is at 81% but it wont lock in. i need upn for acc tournament and other acc conference games.

Thanks guys for your feedback regarding this OTA channel. The Voom engineers have looked at your responses and appreciate the feedback.

WTTG-DT (RF36) comes in fine on my three receivers and correctly maps to channel 5.1...however, others are having trouble with WTTG-DT in the area(Dish 6000 user, etc.): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=275834 Another problem with WTTG-DT is their antenna is side-mounted and 200ft lower than the other major network broadcasters - they will not be moving to their new higher tower until this summer. I'm 55+ miles away and have problems with this station during the winter months.

Also, this is the one channel that will lock-up my receiver when checking the signal level (Help-->Info-->OK).

Works for me (tested it on Friday after reading the avs forum). I'm in the Baltimore area, but 5-1 seems fine.

-John

I receive 5 fine. It went out on me a couple of days ago, but once I did a soft reboot, I had no trouble. UPN 20 is the difficult one for me. I understand it is difficult for many. (My installer said very few can get it and you need to be inside the beltway.) If someone in the Maryland suburbs (I am aprox. 11 miles outside the beltway) is receiving 20, let me know and let me know how. I receive stations a greater distance away then 20, but not 20.

I was having trouble with Fox and UPN. Was doing soft reboots, and rescans showing signal at 97 with SNR at 81% but no picture. Finally thought to do a hard reboot, and now getting both channels...

Here is a timely post I'll quote from the AVSFORUM.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=5136560#post5136560
Originally posted by nabsltd
I examined my Super Bowl recording tonight, and I think I see some reasons why people are having PSIP and mapping problems. There are four sub-channels in the main table (PAT or PMT...I can never remember which), but only the "main" one has enough in the other tables to allow it to be recognized by the MyHD card (which is notoriously good at these things). HDTV2MPEG2 says that there are the following sub-channels:

Code:
    Name    video PID  audio PID
WTTG-DT 5.1   0x21       0x24
WTTG-DT 5.1   0x21       0x100
WTTG-DT 5.1   0x21       0x101
WTTG-DT 5.1   0x21       0x104
There are no audio tracks to go with the last 3 sub-channels.

They are also messing up the header that tells the bit rate. The actual rate for the channel is 14.09Mbps, but the header says 19.00 Mbps.
FYI, WTTG-DT maps correctly on all my receivers (Mits, Sony, Samsung, VOOM), but this channel will frequenly lock-up my VOOM receivers when displaying the signal level. Due to their low DTV antenna height and my location from the tower (55+ miles), their signal level is often borderline (83-87) during the winter months.

Hope this helps...

Also Not receiving WTTG 5.1 HD Picture..

Hello All..My FIRST post..

I'm also not receiving WTTG 5.1 HD Picture..Did a Hard reboot on both my VOOM and Sony HD STB's and still no picture..Signal strength is Zero..

Was also not getting UPN 20.1 HD Picture..But getting it after hard reboot..Signal strength is 93..

Happy VOOM customer.. :)

Roy in DC..

WTTG ch 5

I received the channel Sunday (Super Bowl) but could not receive it this morning. Normally I do not have a problem with Channel 5, but sometimes have problems with channel 4. Live in VA, about 25 miles south with the standard voom antena.

I'm in NoVA and have been having problems with Fox recently. Signal Strength of >90 but I lose the picture when I flip channels and come back. Says no signal, even though signal strength is >90. After rebooting, I get Fox again, but only until I change the channel. Then I would have to reboot again to get Fox. Have no other problems with any other channels and have no problems with Fox on my Fusion card in my HTPC.

Problems here as well. I have to reboot the box to get Fox5. If I change the channel to 4 (NBC), 7(ABC) or 9 (CBS) and try to go back to FOX, it will say No Signal.

DC Fox - only after Re-boot

:mad: I also am only able to get Fox (5.1) after a re-boot, and then I am unable to get it back if I change channels and then go back to Fox.

-- Sam on Tuesday afternoon

DC - PBS 26.x

I also am very seldom able to get Channel 26.1 (DC PBS). Any ideas or tips?
-- Sam

DCSam and everybody in DC.

I was told that they are working on the problem that you are currently experiencing on losing Fox after you change channels. Let's get this one fixed first and then let's move to others like DC PBS. Keep posting if you see a fix. This way it will alert everyone that the problem was fixed. Thanks.

Hi first post
I am not receiving WTTG 5.1 with a signal strength of 91. In order to receive the signal I have to do a hard reboot. Everything is then okay until I turn the receiver off and then turn it on again. When I turn it back on I must do the reboot in order to get the signal.

Fox 5.1

Interesting
I lost Fox 5.1 on one box during the Super Bowl. Still can't get it back on the one Box in the basement. On the other box upstairs it works fine.Both use the same signal. Even tried a rescan on the instalation menu. Box shows good signal. Really confused.
Mark Franke
Fairfax, Virginia

Ok, WTTG-DT disappeared from my radar screen three days ago and I still can't pick it up on my VOOM receivers. Signal level has been in the mid-80s (currently 88) and the internal tuners on my Mits, Sony and Samsung pick it up just fine. Who else is still having problems with Fox5?

i lost wttg on one of my receivers but only one of them. i guess im going to have to do a hard reboot. but still no upn 20 that is driving me crazy i love acc basketball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts