Help with FOX in Washington DC area!

jdahlum

Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Hey guys,

I just got Voom installed yesterday and I have to say the installation was great. However, I realized I have a problem last night. When I got home from work I sat down to watch American Idol but when I went to channel 5 (FOX) in the guide it actually took me to channel 4 (NBC). So I called support and they had me reboot and rescan channels. Channel 5 is detected properly as WTTG-DT and has a signal of 95 but now when I select channel 5 in the guide it says No Signal Detected and nothing comes in. I spoke to the supervising CSR and he said it could be a problem with Fox in may area. It was late last night so I just decided to take his word for it and go to bed. Well this morning I am having the same problem so I decided to hook the antenna up to the HD-Tuner in my TV. Fox comes in fine without any problems. Any ideas what the issue could be? I want to keep Voom but I have to have Fox especially when football season comes again. I would appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks.

Jamie

i had the same problem yesterday morning i called voom and told them that i wasn't getting fox but the signal came in at 95%. so he did a info check on my receiver and told me fox was doing something to the signal. when i got back it was working fine. i would ask for a technician to come out to look at it but hook everything back the way the installed it. and ask what channels we will be getting while your doing that. ;)

Really! I have checked everywhere to see if FOx is having problems today and yesterday but no luck. I will have someone come out but maybe it is just a bad box. I can hook up the antenna right now to the TV and fox works great. Hook it back to the voom box and it is gone even though signal is 94-95. THanks for the information.

Do you have the diplexer installed on the back of the stb,mine does not have it as the installer(and quoted in this and other forums)said it can cause problems with the OTA signal.That is where the antenna feed and the satellite are combined into one input on the back of the stb,I have no problem with Fo:mad:channel 5) at all only station that does not come in is UPN,which is strange since my D* HTL-HD stb pulls it in fine

Guys,

After getting the new software update, which I didn't have last night, and doing a hard reboot everything is working fine now. Thanks for all of the help.

Jamie

FOX 5 Admits Problems with VOOM

I had my install Tuesday, here is a reply from Fox5 WTTG: I'm deleting the sender to keep him anonymous.

----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:55 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Fwd: [fox5dc.com] News Feedback

We currently have a compatibility problem with some new program guide
equipment we installed and Voom receivers. VOOM is aware of the problem
and we are working with them to solve the problem.

WTTG Fox5

Who at Fox 5 do you contact about technical questions?
I just had VOOM HDTV installed and cannot get 5's
picture, but I can get the programming information.

------- End of forwarded message -------

Prior to receiving this email I asked VOOM about this , they replied:
... We are not aware of any problems with the locals in your area. ...

This concerns me deeply that they appear clueless. I'll give them an "A" for following up though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)