No Remote with Voom DSR 550 - HELP!

dvdguy123

Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
Newbie to Voom Forum and need help!!

I bought a Voom DSR 550 off of Ebay last month with NO remote (ugh!). I've spent alot of time researching these and here's my problem...

Issue #1 No remote - I was able to set up an OFA URC6131 remote with Motorola code 0869 and the Voom box responds (yeah). I read in other forums that the guide & menu buttons can be used as the green and yellow buttons on Voom remote. But, when I press them - I get nothing but a blinking yellow light on the box. Can I use this remote to go into options setting? What button would be the Voom button? Instead of acessing options all it says is "checking for new programming, process may take a while..."

Issue#2 - Went to Antenna web and found DT ch's - when I find a channel ID # that I should get (ex 55.1 - even though it's preset from the same channel in California - I live in NY - I should get something right?) I am getting no signal. I am using is a GE Futura indoor HT 24736 antenna. Is there a way to get any signal as is or do I have to have original remote? I will buy one if I know the box will respond. Maybe the OTA modual in back is no good?

Again, any help would be great!

Newbie to Voom Forum and need help!!

Issue #1 No remote - I was able to set up an OFA URC6131 remote with Motorola code 0869 and the Voom box responds (yeah). I read in other forums that the guide & menu buttons can be used as the green and yellow buttons on Voom remote. But, when I press them - I get nothing but a blinking yellow light on the box.

The blinking light only means that it is getting something from the remote. Doesn't mean that it actually understands it. You probably already figured that out.

Can I use this remote to go into options setting? What button would be the Voom button? Instead of acessing options all it says is "checking for new programming, process may take a while..."

I'm not familiar with that remote. You can use a remote from a Starchoice box or 4DTV box. Those are both motorola products and their remotes work with each other. I know this because my 4DTV and Voom box will both accept remote commands from either remote.

Issue#2 - Went to Antenna web and found DT ch's - when I find a channel ID # that I should get (ex 55.1 - even though it's preset from the same channel in California - I live in NY - I should get something right?) I am getting no signal. I am using is a GE Futura indoor HT 24736 antenna. Is there a way to get any signal as is or do I have to have original remote? I will buy one if I know the box will respond. Maybe the OTA modual in back is no good?

I don't know much about the ATSC standards, but it is possible that even though it is the same "name" of channel, there could be other factors such as different video and audio ID's, data rates, etc.

I think before you can rule that the OTA module is bad, you need to be able to do your own scan with it.

By the way, the Harmony remotes work with these units too. Perhaps you have a buddy with one of those remotes that would bring it over.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts