Greyhound

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
Tom Hanks Greyhound is now available on Apple TV+. 4K and Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision included. :D I know what I'm watching tonight.

I wanted to see that in the theaters and then they kept pushing back the release date right into the lockdown this Spring when the theaters closed. It never did play around here and now it's exclusive to Apple TV? Makes little sense. o_O

I assume the $ from Apple was enough. Curious to see how long it is exclusive to Apple TV+. Times are changing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume the $ from Apple was enough. Curious to see how long it is exclusive to Apple TV+.
I would expect that it would be at least the normal duration of a theater run.

I'll bet that Sony has some stuff in their contract about revenue expectations and being an online service, Apple has only itself to blame if it doesn't do well.

Apple is taking a chance. It may garner them enough new viewers to make it worthwhile.

But the clock is ticking. I can wait. More out there today than I could possibly ever watch. Heck, I’ve got more optical media than I’ll probably ever watch.

Navy, most new Apple devices come with a one-year subscription to AppleTV+. I know you have a Model Y-sized hole in your wallet, but if you were in the market for a new phone or even an TV HD or TV 4K player, you could check the service out for a year.

Reactions: navychop
First if you own any Apple Product and/or just have a itunes account you can get the first week free, second you do not need to have Apple TV to watch on your Television, you can still watch Apple content via your Roku and I think Amazon Fire (only have Roku at my house).

Lastly, really good movie, watched it yesterday, looked great in 4K/DV.

Navy, most new Apple devices come with a one-year subscription to AppleTV+.
Here's a couple of thoughts:

For the extra money, you could buy a non-Apple streamer and have enough money left over to pay for AppleTV+ annual subscription. In that way you can also avoid having to buy a $$$ remote to cover the functional shortcomings of Apple's remote.

There's a lot of buzz going around (and it may be overblown) regarding the inability of the ATVs to correctly handle 24.000fps that is not infrequently used in video-recorded motion pictures. This isn't a problem with Apple TV+ but apparently it is quite noteworthy over at Netflix.

My wife and I just finished this tonight. Some commented that at 90 minutes or so it didn't seem like a theatrical release, but those 91 minutes were action-packed!

Last edited:
Not a bad movie, but well-plowed ground. How many WWII Atlantic convoy movies have there been? Dozens, certainly. For an actor of Hanks' level, involvement in such a routine movie is hard to explain.

Not a bad movie, but well-plowed ground. How many WWII Atlantic convoy movies have there been? Dozens, certainly. For an actor of Hanks' level, involvement in such a routine movie is hard to explain.
He wrote the screenplay. for one thing.

Reactions: dfergie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)