Grounding?

The grounding block should only be placed where the cable enters the house. Not on the mast, the antenna, something metallic nearby or considerably inside the home.

In a commercial building, how is the best way to get it ground correctly, ground wire from dish to ground block and then from ground block bonded it to building steel frame (at roof) or to air condition unit.
The usual way is to ground to a junction box or similar part of an electrical conduit system.

Aren't you supposed to also connect the two grounds?

Yes, and I did that. It's called bonding. The new ground rod has #6 wire running all the way back to the main house ground rod. Use brass (not copper) grounding lugs if you're going to bury them.

I know some people think this whole thing is a great big pain in the butt.... however as I was fixing various things around the "old" house, getting it ready for sale, I can't TELL you the number of times I did something and said to myself, "Why did it take you 15 years to do this the right way?"

:)

Okay, I think I've pretty much nicked out faulty grounding having an issue with the signal. At some points of the day I get a great picture and 12-14 stations! others I only get about 5 channels with the others saying "no signal". I have another TV in the living room running the same antenna receiving all of the channels. I am going to buy an open box TV from Best Buy and try to see if the Tuner makes a difference; any other suggestions?

Okay, I think I've pretty much nicked out faulty grounding having an issue with the signal. At some points of the day I get a great picture and 12-14 stations! others I only get about 5 channels with the others saying "no signal". I have another TV in the living room running the same antenna receiving all of the channels. I am going to buy an open box TV from Best Buy and try to see if the Tuner makes a difference; any other suggestions?

Are you using a converter box or TV on the one that doesn't work well?
What TV is in the living room?
Are you using satellite receivers?
Have you changed the splitter and checked the quality of the connections?
Are you using RG6?

Are you using a converter box or TV on the one that doesn't work well?
What TV is in the living room?
Are you using satellite receivers?
Have you changed the splitter and checked the quality of the connections?
Are you using RG6?

I am using two high def TV's with built in tuners. I have moved the connections, reran wires, and still lose signal quite frequently. The TV in the living room is a four or five year old 30 CRT samsung. No Satellite on either of these TVs. I am using RG6 and have tried even bypassing the splitter.

Here is the antenna:
Skywalker Communications: Digitenna DUV-DF Deep Fringe Antenna VHF hi-band/UHF 0-65+ Miles
Here is the amp:
Skywalker Communications: Skywalker Signature Series 25dB Amplifier VHF/UHF/FM w/variable gain

Thinking about switching to this antenna:
Skywalker Communications: Channel Master EXTREMEtenna Model 4228HD 8-bay Bow-tie UHF

Last edited:
You may also want to look at:
Antennas Direct C4 ClearStream4 Outdoor Digital HD TV Antenna (C4) | C4 [Antennas Direct]

I have a 4228 on the house I just sold and bought the C4 for the new house (only 2 streets away from the other house). The C4 is quite a bit smaller than the 4228 and even though the 4228 is on a 20' mast, and the C4 is sitting on the window sill INSIDE the house, the C4 is doing every bit as good as the 4228.... so I can hardly wait to get the C4 mounted outside and up on a mast. :)

I tried the C2 in the attic and it didn't work very well at all, I know they usually do because we sell a ton of them and get very few returns though. Still have to make my way to skywalker and buy the new antenna; although lately I haven't had as many signal losses.

I am using two high def TV's with built in tuners. I have moved the connections, reran wires, and still lose signal quite frequently. The TV in the living room is a four or five year old 30 CRT samsung. No Satellite on either of these TVs. I am using RG6 and have tried even bypassing the splitter.

Here is the antenna:
Skywalker Communications: Digitenna DUV-DF Deep Fringe Antenna VHF hi-band/UHF 0-65+ Miles
Here is the amp:
Skywalker Communications: Skywalker Signature Series 25dB Amplifier VHF/UHF/FM w/variable gain

Thinking about switching to this antenna:
Skywalker Communications: Channel Master EXTREMEtenna Model 4228HD 8-bay Bow-tie UHF

If you're about a hundred miles from St. Louis, you should have a working system. If, however, you are 45 miles or less from St. Louis, remove the amplifier and scan for channels again. Digital systems can't handle too much signal--they react the same as low signal.