Grrr, getting used to this system still, another "Dumb question" LOL.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TroyO

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Denver, CO
I don't think this is Hopper specific so I posted here, appologies if I was wrong.

OK, basic on-demand question. I Hit Menu/On-Demand then select "All TV Channels" and see the channel I want.... lets say BBC America.... next I hit "Top Gear" and so far so good.... but now what?

When I scroll up and down and it highlights episodes....some of the episodes pop up a "HD" symbol next to them, but no matter what I hit it never actually plays the damn video. I also would have thought there would be an episode description to the right but that never shows up either.

What am I doing wrong?

It's a 3MB conection.... so not blazing but not dial-up either.

It did wake up this AM and I can interact with the shows now (As well as seeing the info screens)

I have some stuff downloading today. We'll see how that goes... it was usually reporting ~30 minutes for 1 Hr HD programs to download.

Since the Hopper was recently released you have only had the system for a couple of days at most. In the past, it has taken up to a week for everything to be downloaded onto a recently activated system. You may have to wait several more days to have the system working as it should.

Time for it to dnld is related to the speed of your connection. The faster that it is the quicker it is the faster that it will dnld and the quicker you will be able to watch it.

It finally populated... weird that it took that long but maybe it doesn't even try until you go in there?

(In other words... "Movies" were just fine.... it was just when browsing by network, and then only when I first found it. By the next AM it was populated, so somewhere between the 15 minutes that I first looked and finally gave up on it and 9 hours later it got them all.)

Regarding bandwidth... 3 MB is the best DSL I can get. I will have to get cable again for a faster one... LOL, the irony.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)