Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3

So true. I really loved it, but I got to be honest, I don't think I could sit through it again. Very well done film.

gg.jpg

I watched this in IMAX back to back to back with the original two. It certainly helped reinforce some things, like how much Peter and his Gamora went through to get to the point they did in their relationship. It made him look even crazier IMO with that context so fresh, him trying to rekindle it in a relative stranger.

Fantastic movie, but for reasons it shares with the first John Wick, maybe not so rewatchable. What an excellent trilogy, I hope Gunn can deliver on all these franchises he's now heading up at DC. I wish Marvel could have locked up him and Taika to helm the cosmic MCU long term.

Reactions: dfergie
Fantastic movie, but for reasons it shares with the first John Wick, maybe not so rewatchable. What an excellent trilogy, I hope Gunn can deliver on all these franchises he's now heading up at DC. I wish Marvel could have locked up him and Taika to helm the cosmic MCU long term.
I think Taika is out at Marvel since Love and Thunder made 100 million less then Ragnarok , I would prefer him to continue.

He also has announced about 5 movies he will be doing in the future and no Marvel, including a Star Wars movie.

As far as Sean Gunn, imagine if he was let lose and allowed to do Superman with as much freedom he had making The Suicide Squad.

Reactions: Yespage
Days after seeing this movie, I still can't believe how much it is on my mind. The movie left me with a lot of what if's about the future, as there is so much they can do. But again I don't think I could sit through it again, I have watched the first two many times, but this one I just don't think I can.

I have been watching a lot of the cast interviews and it looks like they really enjoyed working together, but I notice that there is no Dave Bautista (Drax) in them. Did he really hate playing the character that much?

They have one interview with Vin Diesal, where he said that for the script they gave him what Groot was actually saying so he knew what emotion to put behind saying "I am groot" I thought that was kind of cool.

I wish they would release an hour look behind the sceens look at how they made the film as for me that may just be as interesting as the film itself.

Reactions: dfergie
I have been watching a lot of the cast interviews and it looks like they really enjoyed working together, but I notice that there is no Dave Bautista (Drax) in them. Did he really hate playing the character that much?
He is filming My Spy 2(yech) in South Africa right now

It was good and I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t anything spectacular in my opinion. I’ve never really understood the fascination with James Gunn’ movies. They’ve been good, but not on a greatest hits lists for me. The last Suicide Squad movie was mediocre for me and not something I care to watch again. Not sure I would want to see another Guardians movie with led by the Guardians left at the end. I think they would be better as supporting cast in a larger MCU ensemble.