Guardians of the Galaxy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Guardians of the Galaxy

Tagline: All heroes start somewhere.

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Gunn[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zoe Saldana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Bautista[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bradley Cooper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vin Diesel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Pace[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Rooker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karen Gillan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Djimon Hounsou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John C. Reilly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Glenn Close[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Josh Brolin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ophelia Lovibond[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Haddock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Serafinowicz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gregg Henry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lloyd Kaufman[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-08-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]122[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]A futuristic team of superheroes protect the galaxy from danger. A jet pilot gets stranded in space, and must unite a diverse team of aliens to form a squad capable of defeating cosmic threats.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
9gm3lL8JMTTmc3W4BmNMCuRLdL8.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Really good movie. There is a lot of action and the flow of the movie never gets slow or boring.

Generally I find these to be disappointing and the writing and dialog lame. But I really enjoyed this, and so did my wife, who tends to hate these kinds of movies. :)

I really liked it too. Chris Pratt sure looks a lot different than the goof he started out as on Parks and Rec.

Awesome movie. Seems like everything Marvel touches turns to gold nowadays. It's also the first Marvel movie that made me cry. Great to see a guy like James Gunn who came from such wacky beginnings to be used perfectly in a film like this and really experiment.

I watched again in IMAX 3D. Only some of the scenes where in full IMAX, more towards the end of the movie. It was definitely worth seeing in IMAX.

Awesome movie. Seems like everything Marvel touches turns to gold nowadays. It's also the first Marvel movie that made me cry. Great to see a guy like James Gunn who came from such wacky beginnings to be used perfectly in a film like this and really experiment.
Very early, but that scene sets up things later ...
I watched again in IMAX 3D. Only some of the scenes where in full IMAX, more towards the end of the movie. It was definitely worth seeing in IMAX.
Real 3D wasn't bad, several times Rockets muzzle seemed to extend towards us as well as some of the action scenes etc. We drove about 75 miles one way to see this as we missed it at our 3 screen theater(new 8 screen in development).

Last night we watched this on the new Samsung HU8550 that my wife got me for Christmas. It was the first 3D movie I watched on this 4K Ultra HD set and it looked AMAZING. This was one of the best 3D movies I have ever seen, many of the scenes were like watching through a Viewmaster. All four of us we shocked and surprised on how good it looked! And I was more shocked to notice at the end that the movie wasn't even shot in 3D!

When the movie started I was disappointed it was letterboxed, but was so well done I didn't even notice when things went back and forth between letterbox and full screen. When it went full screen it made you feel like you were in the scene. I felt that trick was very well done!

This was a fun movie, with a GREAT soundtrack. The surround sound was awesome as well. All around a great file!

I AM GROOT!

Last night we watched this on the new Samsung HU8550 that my wife got me for Christmas. It was the first 3D movie I watched on this 4K Ultra HD set and it looked AMAZING. This was one of the best 3D movies I have ever seen, many of the scenes were like watching through a Viewmaster. All four of us we shocked and surprised on how good it looked! And I was more shocked to notice at the end that the movie wasn't even shot in 3D!

When the movie started I was disappointed it was letterboxed, but was so well done I didn't even notice when things went back and forth between letterbox and full screen. When it went full screen it made you feel like you were in the scene. I felt that trick was very well done!

This was a fun movie, with a GREAT soundtrack. The surround sound was awesome as well. All around a great file!

I AM GROOT!

When I rented it via vod, with 1080p I thought the same with letterboxed as well

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It was not your typical Marvel movie, but since it had Stan Lee in it, it was an official Marvel movie as far as I am concerned. I think the movie was played exactly right. This is not your serious "graphic novel" action hero movie. The characters in this comic series lend themselves to the lighter tone used. I highly recommend it. And as with every Marvel movie, stick around to the end of the credits. The Easter egg at the end is worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)