Guess it's unofficially official... HistoryHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Compulov

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Happened to load the DishNetwork homepage and they have a new flash ad... "Get The History Channel HD and 37 of your other favorites" with a link to the HD packages page... except that page doesn't show HistoryHD (didn't think they launched it yet) and only up to 34 HD channels, not 38 (History + 37 others). Wonder if their web developers got overzealous? :)
If you don't see it, reload the page several times, it cycles through a bunch of other flash ads.

Nope September 5th is the date. :)

We have been talking about that ad for a few weeks ago. I think its false advertising on Dish Networks part to be advertising a channel they dont carry yet.

D'oh, sorry for the dupe, didn't notice any mention of it before. And yes, I did think it was somewhat funny advertising a channel they don't have yet.

Don't the majority of subscribers get their four locals in HD? I do.

I have been telling peoplle since I got my 622 a few weeks ago that I had 38 HD stations. (I can't account for my tally coming up with 34 system wide channels when I guess it was 33 in HD)

D'oh, sorry for the dupe, didn't notice any mention of it before. And yes, I did think it was somewhat funny advertising a channel they don't have yet.

So what, D* advertised for three years now that they will have 1500 HD channels. They are close now, but not in 2004.:D

But that much isnt D* advertising they are adding many channels that don't even EXIST.

E* is at least set to add it in the next week

Don't the majority of subscribers get their four locals in HD? I do.

I have been telling peoplle since I got my 622 a few weeks ago that I had 38 HD stations. (I can't account for my tally coming up with 34 system wide channels when I guess it was 33 in HD)

I just counted 37 channels (including the premium movie channels) before adding History HD and not counting RSN HD(1) and LIL HD(4) ppv(1 at the moment) and the NBA/special and the demo channel.

Nope September 5th is the date. :)

We have been talking about that ad for a few weeks ago. I think its false advertising on Dish Networks part to be advertising a channel they dont carry yet.

Yeah, its not like anybody else does it. :rolleyes:

But I agree, advertise what you have or say, "coming September 5th, History HD"

I just counted 37 channels (including the premium movie channels) before adding History HD and not counting RSN HD(1) and LIL HD(4) ppv(1 at the moment) and the NBA/special and the demo channel.
The 34 I referred to was what they claim for AT250+HD at DISH Network -- Dish HD . Though you're right, looking at the list it only looks like 33 if you discount RSNs, premiums, and locals. Wonder where the truant 34th channel is (or perhaps there are 34 and they're missing one from that list -- nowhere near my tv at the moment and I claim ignorance as I don't know them off the top of my head). :confused:

quite a few of the programs on History are letterboxed, so lets hope they are able to at least do what discovery does with their older letterboxed programs or how NGC does it. I don't like the TNT method of making SD "fisheyeHD"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts