Guide button on VPI612

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

m9house

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Davenport, Iowa, United States
I have two 612's and have the same issue with both. The first time that I push the guide button after it has been in sleep mode I have to go through several steps to get the guide button to work like it should. First when I push it it will go to a page (999) that wants me to pick AllHD, AllSUB Or several others. It also has the option to set the guide button to just push the guide button to toggle through these options. Which is what I would like it to stay on. But as soon as the 612 goes in to sleep mode I have to go through this process again. I called tech support and they said there in nothing that can be done. That this is the way it is set up. All my other receivers work like they should. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or do I just have to live with it?:confused:

I can't even understand the question! Are you using the Guide button in place of the Power button? The screen saver says to hit Select to watch TV; that also works.

It's a known bug. You just have to live with it until such yime E* fixes it. (if ever)

It happens on the 622 also. It started about 3 months ago for me. When you press the guide button up pops your guide, in my case it shows "All Sub" which is what I want. Before the bug if while in the guide, you hit the guide button again and then again your guide would change from "all sub" to "all channels" to "all HD". Now when you hit the guide button again it brings you to "Favorites List Options". It adds an extra step if you want your guide to show all channels or all HD cahnnels only.

It happens on the 622 also. It started about 3 months ago for me. When you press the guide button up pops your guide, in my case it shows "All Sub" which is what I want. Before the bug if while in the guide, you hit the guide button again and then again your guide would change from "all sub" to "all channels" to "all HD". Now when you hit the guide button again it brings you to "Favorites List Options". It adds an extra step if you want your guide to show all channels or all HD cahnnels only.

Its a feature not a bug. I think there is also an option that allows you control if this pop up shows or if it behave the old way. Having now left dish, I cannot check for where the option is.

Its a feature not a bug. I think there is also an option that allows you control if this pop up shows or if it behave the old way. Having now left dish, I cannot check for where the option is.

You're right, good catch. Hit MENU then Preferences, then favorites and selecy Guide Button in the slection.

Thanks

You're right, good catch. Hit MENU then Preferences, then favorites and selecy Guide Button in the slection.

Thanks

You missed the point...

The bug is IT DOESN"T REMEMBER YOUR SELECTION and goes back to the popup instead of just changing the guide to the next list.

In the Guide Popup mode, pressing Guide twice, then Favorites, allows you to select Guide Button (that you want) or Guide Popup (that I prefer on the second guide press). Hit Done and should stay that way. A feature.
-Ken

The stupid popup comes up after your receiver does the nightly reboot. I know I tried it. Set it to not show the popup and then I forced rebooted it and then the stupid guide popup is back. This started on my 612 and now I just live with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts