guide data corrupted on 622

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Tonight I noticed that the recording light on my 622 was on when it shouldn't have been. So I turned it on and found that it was recording a program that it should've recorded earlier in the evening. So I went to the recordings list and saw that it hadn't been recorded earlier, but several other programs that were NOT scheduled to be recorded had been. So I clicked the DVR button one more time to go to the recording schedule, and I found it filled with a large number of events that were all labeled No Info Available. One every hour on both tuners, in fact! Then I went to the guide, and I saw that all channels were showing No Info Available. Essentially, it appears that even though there wasn't even program titles any longer, the DVR was recording every program on the channels that I had had timers set for tonight! Obviously there was going to be a problem! I couldn't have both tuners recording continuously every hour or I would quickly run out of disc space. So I rebooted by holding down the power button. When it came back up, nothing had changed. I then tried pulling the power cord. When it came back up, nothing had changed! Finally I tried a check switch. This time, it took what seemed like much longer than the claimed 5 minutes to re-load the guide data. When it was finished, the guide was properly populated with all information again. However, it took several more minutes for the timer system to figure out that it no longer was supposed to record everything that it had previously scheduled to record. And even now, there are still a few programs in the recording schedule that are re-runs being recorded as new even though they do have the episode numbers and original air dates. I've seen that happen before, and usually it clears up as the time gets nearer. But I've never had the DVR decide to record everything because all the data has gone missing before! I wonder whether it would have fixed itself at the 3AM reboot, but I wasn't going to take any chances after two forced reboots failed to fix it. If the check switch hadn't cleared it up, I would've unplugged it and tried again in the morning when I could babysit it rather than risk having all my unprotected recordings deleted.

I just had that happen Yesterday. I had No guide data past 1 hour ahead. I rebooted Nothing. Ran a Check switch and it was fine. For How long? Who Knows. But my 622 is going on 2 years old now. I hope it doesn't start messing up all the time.

I hope it's not my receiver too (even though the HDMI port is busted, I don't want to have to transfer all my recordings). When rebooting didn't fix it, I honestly thought there was bad data in the stream and I would come on here and find a million angry posts. I forgot that you have to do a check switch to reload the guide. I still think there's some bad data in the guide though. A week or so ago I noticed that the timers were picking up a few reruns as new again, but then until last night they all cleared themselves up as they usually do. Then last night was completely different, as it wasn't just recording old programs, it was recording everything with no data whatsoever. Even after the reload there are still a few programs that do have the correct data but are still being falsely picked up as new for some reason.

Over 12 hours later, the damned thing STILL has from 2 to 6 programs each day scheduled to record as new even though they have the correct descriptions, air dates, and episode numbers. Is it just me?!

Not just you. My 622 has had this problem on and off for over a year now. Usually when I determine that a timer is recording old episodes even though it is set to only record new, I just have to delete the timer and recreate it. This hasn't been a problem until recently and I believe it coincides with the upgrade (version 621??) that just loaded on my receiver last week. I lost the guide and many timers fired wrong and missed some shows (wife wasn't happy about that). I followed the advice of others here and did a switch check which then forced a guide update/download and that fixed the guide problem. I still have issues with some timers recording old shows, but only a couple of the timers do this.

Well, my problem spontaneously corrected itself at the end of the week after my last post. I've had no such problems yet with 621.

Me too..... In my case, I had mine set to record new episodes only of a show, and it all of a sudden started recording all episodes regardless. I also received the huge block of Info Not Avail channels. This coincided with the download of L621 for me. Never had the issue previous to that, and all of a sudden it seemed to happen in the same week it was spooled to my box. I do not think it is all of our boxes going out, I think it is Dish and the crummy release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts