Guide Data for Local Digital Channels ?

ilkevinli

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
I have a question. I just had Dish installed and I subscribed to the local channels. I have a UHF antenna and get all my Local HD channels fine. The issue I am having is that I am not getting guide data for channel 2 WCBS and channel 13 in NYC. I get the gude data for 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 fine

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong ? Thanks. P.S. I have the vip622

:welcome

Give it overnight and see if you get them.

ilkevinli said:
I have a question. I just had Dish installed and I subscribed to the local channels. I have a UHF antenna and get all my Local HD channels fine. The issue I am having is that I am not getting guide data for channel 2 WCBS and channel 13 in NYC. I get the gude data for 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 fine

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong ? Thanks. P.S. I have the vip622

Alternatively, you could reboot the receiver by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the receiver for 5 seconds or so until it starts rebooting. It should pulldown the full guide at that point. You could also just do a check switch in the System Info area to accomplish the same thing.

Well I woke up this morning and it still is not re-mapping the gude data for chgannel 2 and 13. They still only show digital service. I also rebooted the receiver and nothing.

Man I can't understand why this is oding this.

ilkevinli said:
Well I woke up this morning and it still is not re-mapping the gude data for chgannel 2 and 13. They still only show digital service. I also rebooted the receiver and nothing.

Man I can't understand why this is oding this.
They lost the guide info for wcbs-dt at the end of last year, and can't seem to correct it. The never had it for WNET and probably will not add it as the channel usually carries different programing then the SD channel.

My list for those that have guide info and are carried by DISH in NY is
wnbc, wnyw (5.1) abc, wwor(9.1),wpix,wliw,wxtv,WLNY. (Note wnyw and wwor also in second list because they are carried)

Those dish carries missing guide data
wcbs, wwor (5.2), wnyw(9.2), WNET, WNYE, WNJU.

Ones dish carries but for which I am not getting OTA signals to confirm/deny guide data
WNJB, WRNN, WMBC, WFME, WFTY,

Thanks for verifing that. I thought I was going crazy :D Thanks for posting.

tnsprin said:
They lost the guide info for wcbs-dt at the end of last year, and can't seem to correct it. The never had it for WNET and probably will not add it as the channel usually carries different programing then the SD channel.

My list for those that have guide info and are carried by DISH in NY is
wnbc, wnyw (5.1) abc, wwor(9.1),wpix,wliw,wxtv,WLNY. (Note wnyw and wwor also in second list because they are carried)

Those dish carries missing guide data
wcbs, wwor (5.2), wnyw(9.2), WNET, WNYE, WNJU.

Ones dish carries but for which I am not getting OTA signals to confirm/deny guide data
WNJB, WRNN, WMBC, WFME, WFTY,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts