Guide Data Loss (1 Viewer)

GRExpert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Had a weird thing happen yesterday ... Got home from work and the DVR was recording when I knew I had nothing scheduled. Turn it on and look at things and all of my guide data was lost and the DVR was recording 2 random channels. I ran a check switch to force the guide data download and the data came back and the DVR schedule worked itself out. Has anyone else seen anything like this happen and have a cause? I would have been pissed if I had missed my scheduled recordings that night. Thanks.

Jhon69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2006
Central San Joaquin Valley,CA.
Had a weird thing happen yesterday ... Got home from work and the DVR was recording when I knew I had nothing scheduled. Turn it on and look at things and all of my guide data was lost and the DVR was recording 2 random channels. I ran a check switch to force the guide data download and the data came back and the DVR schedule worked itself out. Has anyone else seen anything like this happen and have a cause? I would have been pissed if I had missed my scheduled recordings that night. Thanks.

It could be that Dish was pushing some Dish on Demand programs?,That would be my guess.:confused:

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I've had it happen twice. The first time, nobody else here reported it. The second time, only a few people did. Since then, I've only seen one or two people report it. So basically, I have no idea what the problem is.

Haysoos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 21, 2009
Wild West
If you don't have auto updates scheduled, you will lose guide data and that will then mess up your scheduled recordings. If you have a non ViP receiver (625, 522) then goto menu, 8, 4 and enable updates. Default is 3:00 am. If you do have a ViP then it sounds like a problem with receiver as there is no way to disable the updates. Or, if you're a night owl and do most of your TV watchin around the 3 am mark and you get a message that says your receiver is going to power down, but you cancel that and continue to watch TV then you have a recipe for this problem.

GRExpert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
I have a 622 and am not up past 11:00 PM. If it happens again I will have to get with Dish. The check switch seemed to fix everything, hopefully it was just a weird fluke

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)